Sign in to follow this  
Walouigi

Unable to use the A320 AP

Hi There,I have the PSS Airbus family, and I was not using it for a while.Now yesterday I tried to go back, I have set my flights all is fine, until after take off, when i press the AP all my CDU are set my EFIS is set and the route is set, speed flaps ect...Now as soon I click on the AP the plane start to turn to the left and dive at 90 degree and crash, if I disconnect the AP I can recover it, but not for long.I have the CH Yoke that I am setting via my FSUIPC, and the setting is valid for all the A/C. I have tried disabling the joystick with no luck . Any Idea why?Thanks in advance

Hi,Make sure that you start initially from the default flight and have the Avionics Master selected to "on" on the FS9 default aircraft {C172 is easiest}John R

Hi John,This is what I do all the time, start with the cessna and avionic is on.Any other idea ?Thanks

Hi!I saw your question at FTG, or at least I believe it is the same person judging by the avatars. Like there, would you sign your name at the end of your posts, please?So, you are prepared for TO, ligned up on the rwy and all parameters are OK. Your route has no discontinuities, INIT and PERF pages are filled and look good. On the ND the plane appears at the begining of the rwy and the AP is all dash out except for your selected initial cruise altitude. PFD shows correspondent info. And the FD is on.Now, how do you TO? Do you use the keyboard Numeric Pad "+" and "-" to get to FLEX or do you use your throttle?That in itself shouldn't prevent the AP to engage, only the Auto-throttle. But one never knows for sure as the differences in hardware and software might explain some odd behaviour.Another thing that might help: What is your first waypoint? Is it directly in front of your rwy and at what altitude. I did have a problem with an AIRAC that put an odd WPT in front of the rwy and caused the AP to behave in simillar ways.Soft Landings! :(

Hi Ricardo,Thanks for your respond,Yes I do all what you have described, I have been using the PSS bus for so long, and never had a problem, I use the keyboard for the TOGA"++" and all is fine, I can climb as mush as I want and turn with no problem as long as I am flying manually.However the minute I click the AP, is when the plane dive.I don't know why, but since I am programming my joystick via FSUIPC this is where I have problem.So I will keep trying to find out a solution, perhaps it is the FSUIPC, but then why all the other planes are fines.ThanksHani

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.