Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

christiaan

Difference Nvidea GT 130 & ATI Radeon 4650

I am going to buy a new HP computer Vista 64bit as my present computer with video card Geforce 440 128Mb specific memory cannot cope with the present advanced sceneries. Have therefore only Fs9 installed. Tried FSX but it was not a successWith my new computer I will also have FSX installed.I want to choose between the factory installed GT 130 or the ATI Radeon 4650 cards.The PC with nVidia has 2x 650GB hard disc ( & Duel Quad ) and the ATI 1x 1TG ( & Intel i7).I have read than two HD are beter with FS in Vista.I use my FS for entertainment and therefore hope not to change settings etc to much if possible.Please advice.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Neither the GT130 or the ATI4650 are going to be good enough for FSX. It is indeed better to install FSX/FS9 on a seperate HDD so perhaps go with that option and then upgrade to a nvidia GTX 250 or GTX260 core216. The Intel i7 920 is preferable to any dual core and most quad cores, that is FOR CERTAIN. AMD seems not be recommended for FSX.Before buying and installing I suggest you read Nick's FSX guide here.Konrad