Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wing Nut

Hard Drive Crash...

Well, I got the blue screen of death this morning. I was listening to some music and working in Max when I start hearing a pop like a relay after each song. Then I got the BSOD and now when O go to reboot, I get as far as the screen telling me Windows did not shut down normally and no matter which option I choose it only gets that far again. I thought it might be my video card, so I pulled that, but the same thing happens. I was thinking a RAM stick, but it really doesn't seem like that would cause this. I'm going to re-install Windows tonight.Any ideas from anyone? Kevin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, I got the blue screen of death this morning. I was listening to some music and working in Max when I start hearing a pop like a relay after each song. Then I got the BSOD and now when O go to reboot, I get as far as the screen telling me Windows did not shut down normally and no matter which option I choose it only gets that far again. I thought it might be my video card, so I pulled that, but the same thing happens. I was thinking a RAM stick, but it really doesn't seem like that would cause this. I'm going to re-install Windows tonight.Any ideas from anyone? Kevin
Have you tried pressing F8 during boot and trying boot into safe mode through that route?