Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robi77

FMC Thrust Limit Question

FSX , PMDG-747-400 aircraftIn the FMC ( under Thrust Limit ) are the following entries:Sel OAT ToEPRUnder Sel I can enter a number.OAT always shows 15 . ToEPR shows 1.63First of all : what is OAT. I thought this is the outside temperature of a given airport but since the value remains at 15 regardless of the airport I am not so sure.Should this value not change from airport to airport ?What means EPR and it's value ?What affects the changes of a Sel number ?My goal is to establish the VR speed at different temperatures.Your help is appreciated.Hubert ( my real name )

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSX , PMDG-747-400 aircraftFirst of all : what is OAT. I thought this is the outside temperature of a given airport but since the value remains at 15 regardless of the airport I am not so sure.Should this value not change from airport to airport ?What means EPR and it's value ?Hubert ( my real name )
Your definition of the OAT is correct. You can change it in the FSX Weather Menu. Definition of EPR Engine Pressure Ratio: http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/epr.htmlDoes it help?

Hello Hubert,OAT stands for Outside Air Temperature. The default in Flight Simulator is set to 15

Hello Hubert,OAT stands for Outside Air Temperature. The default in Flight Simulator is set to 15