Sign in to follow this  
Guest ledzzepplin

FSX Tree Pop Up Remedy

Guest ledzzepplin

I have managed to somewhat conquer stutters, though micro-stutters still exist occasionally. But I've yet to find a cure for large areas of trees that keep popping up in front of me at flight levels of less than say 3,000 feet. It kinda ruins the realism of the flight experience. Maybe it's just something I'll have to live with. Not sure why this isn't an issue with FS9. Do you have the same problem? Q6600@2.4, 4 gigs ram, 8800 GTX

I have managed to somewhat conquer stutters, though micro-stutters still exist occasionally. But I've yet to find a cure for large areas of trees that keep popping up in front of me at flight levels of less than say 3,000 feet. It kinda ruins the realism of the flight experience. Maybe it's just something I'll have to live with. Not sure why this isn't an issue with FS9. Do you have the same problem?
Everyone has the same problem. With FSX, that is. FS9 used 'alpha-fade' so things wouldn't popup. Why they dit not implement this in FSX... I really, really don't now nor understand because it is indeed quite a showstopper.If someone could come up with a solution, I'd happily pay for it. Big bucks! Really!

Everyone has the same problem. With FSX, that is. FS9 used 'alpha-fade' so things wouldn't popup. Why they dit not implement this in FSX... I really, really don't now nor understand because it is indeed quite a showstopper.If someone could come up with a solution, I'd happily pay for it. Big bucks! Really!
They didn't because it was a trade-lphablending ate framerates, so they eliminated it.

They didn't because it was a trade-lphablending ate framerates, so they eliminated it.
Aha, okay. Maybe they could have added it as an option... But I guess that would have become too complicated (I clearly know nothing at all about programming software).

Guest ledzzepplin

It sounds like it doesn't matter how powerful your computer is either, looks like everyone is suffering the same pop up problem I guess. It's a shame to invest in more ad-ons only to have masses of trees sprout up and spoil the immersion factor. We were so close ...

Guest Nick_N

ACES REMOVED ALPHA FADE FROM FSX, MEANING IT WILL NEVER BE FIXEDJust ignore it like the rest of us.... and I do agree, its one of my major PEEVES about FSX :(

You can always fly after dark to reduce the effect. :(

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Turning Off Auto-Gen is a great option and watch your FPS jump!