Sign in to follow this  
Peter Clemenko

File library doesn't work on google chrome

Try to download a file with google chrome off the library, it won't do it. It gives some kind of error when you do try. This happens with any file here...

Guest kaese2002
Try to download a file with google chrome off the library, it won't do it. It gives some kind of error when you do try. This happens with any file here...
correct...same issue happens to me...seems to be a chrome problem or a transfer protocol chrome is not knowing yet...

GoogleChrome doesn't work well with AVSIM Library at all - you won't be able to download. IE 7 (Internet Explorer 7) can also give you some problems. Try Firefox (if you're not already using it), after the library is back on-line. <http://mozilla.com/products/firefox>.

Guest aeroscout

Doesnt work with Firefox either,can get into everything but the library

Doesnt work with Firefox either,can get into everything but the library
Have you read any of the forum posting or the front page regarding the hack of AVSIM? The library is offline and will remain so for a while yet. :(

Guest padsquad43

Chrome gives me a lot of download problems, especially with ftp. AVSIM is the only reason I use IE. Hopefully it will be fixed soon

Chrome gives me a lot of download problems, especially with ftp. AVSIM is the only reason I use IE. Hopefully it will be fixed soon
GoogleChrome uses some unique processes that may make adapting the AVSIM Library to it difficult. The only problem seems to focus around downloads. Perhaps with future releases of Chrome they will make it more compatible.Before the AVSIM hack on Tuesday 12/05/09, Firefox worked best with our library: http://mozilla.com/products/firefoxMost of us here at the AVSIM Library use Firefox as our default browser due to its dependability. Keep in mind that the new versions of Firefox - Firefox 3, don't work with anything under Windows 2000. If anybody is still using Windows ME or under you can download Firefox 2.0.0.20 from here: http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.phpI myself wasn't thrilled about switching to another browser at first, but since starting to use Firefox I found that I can browse slightly faster (it tends to load some pages a little quicker than IE, it definitely works faster with AVSIM) and I don't have to open so many separate IE windows - I can just open tabs in Firefox. Opening many IE windows can cause some difficulties with Windows XP. I haven't had any problems with Firefox so far. It takes about 23MB for install and if you don't like it you can aways go back to IE.We have been thinking about the GoogleChrome incompatibility ourselves. But the focus now is on getting the AVSIM library back online.We will do whatever we can to make the new library compatible with Google's browser, but for the moment and the near future we will not be able to do much, at least not until the library gets back on-line.