Sign in to follow this  
Guest 787seattle

Suggestion for the Library

Guest 787seattle

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but here goes:I was thinking that the AVSIM file library should have a file rating system (1-5 stars?) so users could see which downloads others have enjoyed. Personally, I've had to base my downloads off of screenshots or number of downloads. There have even been highly downloaded files that I have not liked. Please consider this suggestion.Thanks.

Guest Gary Buska
I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but here goes:I was thinking that the AVSIM file library should have a file rating system (1-5 stars?) so users could see which downloads others have enjoyed. Personally, I've had to base my downloads off of screenshots or number of downloads. There have even been highly downloaded files that I have not liked. Please consider this suggestion.Thanks.
In a round about way such a system already exists when you go to the library you will see several different categories Whats New : Yesterday's Hot Files : This Month's Hot Files : And This Year's Hot Files these are self explanatory. And of course every file has a download counter telling you how many times it has been downloaded and When it was added to the library.

Guest 787seattle
In a round about way such a system already exists when you go to the library you will see several different categories Whats New : Yesterday's Hot Files : This Month's Hot Files : And This Year's Hot Files these are self explanatory. And of course every file has a download counter telling you how many times it has been downloaded and When it was added to the library.
But, numerous downloads do not necessarily mean the addon was a good or recommended file. It only means that a lot of people downloaded it.

But, numerous downloads do not necessarily mean the addon was a good or recommended file. It only means that a lot of people downloaded it.
Hello,Thank you for your input. We have evaluated this idea in the past and it will in more ways than one be implemented into our new library system. Please stay tuned as details will be coming up on that soon.

Guest SimFly

Hi Guys,Development of the new library system is already underway, this will both bring a modern and fresh front end and easy to use design with improved technology on the backend of it to give more flexibility and features. Tom and I had a good chat over in Amsterdam at the weekend and as a result I believe we have a firm battle plan in place. I am confident that you will start seeing improvements relativley fast, with the introduction of the beta version.News will be release via the frontpage I am sure to keep you aprised of development progress.

Hello Tech Guy:I am the Deputy Director of said library and I have heard next to nothing about it. And we have not even been told anything about you yet. Right now 18:20 EST I cannot access the mail server or the library.RegardsRick CaseHi Guys,Development of the new library system is already underway, this will both bring a modern and fresh front end and easy to use design with improved technology on the backend of it to give more flexibility and features. Tom and I had a good chat over in Amsterdam at the weekend and as a result I believe we have a firm battle plan in place. I am confident that you will start seeing improvements relativley fast, with the introduction of the beta version.News will be release via the frontpage I am sure to keep you aprised of development progress.