Sign in to follow this  
pve

Glide slope hold

FS9 XMLHi allCan't find the value for the glide slope hold, With approach hold engaged it turns the alt. hold off and starts the descent. Anyone help?

Paul EGLD

Not sure what you're asking for.Approach hold IS the glide slope hold autopilot.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Not sure what you're asking for.Approach hold IS the glide slope hold autopilot.
Hi Ed Yes, approach hold arms the autopilot for glide slope for capture. When it captures it the alt hold goes off and it tracks the vertical bearing. Turning the alt hold off on capture appears by default on all stock FS9 aircraft but I can't find the the trigger that does that and starts the descent. I am trying to code a glideslope capture inhibiter to turnoff VNAV and prevent any pitch commands after capture.

Paul EGLD

Then you want the "localizer hold" function:

KEY_AP_LOC_HOLD_ON //CAP_LOC_HOLD_ON //XML// Turns AP localizer hold on/armed and glide-slope hold mode off KEY_AP_LOC_HOLD_OFF AP_LOC_HOLD_OFF // Turns off localizer hold mode

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Then you want the "localizer hold" function:
Hi BillNot sure how that can help, What I need is (A:glideslope hold or lock,bool) or similar but I don't think it exists.

Paul EGLD

Maybe you're not explaining clear enough for our befuddled minds to grasp what you're really wanting to do?? :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi BillNot sure how that can help, What I need is (A:glideslope hold or lock,bool) or similar but I don't think it exists.
You have two choices:1. Full localizer + glideslope2. localizer onlyThere's no such thing as a "glideslope only" approach.You wrote:
I am trying to code a glideslope capture inhibiter to turnoff VNAV and prevent any pitch commands after capture.
What you want is #2 - localizer only.This way you don't have to "inhibit glideslope" because you never arm it to begin with! :( I've given you what you need to know to accomplsh that task... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator