Sign in to follow this  
frankla

Need help on temperatures

I built my pc last week and started the Overclocking today and I have it stable at 3.4 GHZ. I get the following temps after over clocking:Idle: Mid 40's COCCT full load: Mid 60's CRoom Temp: 24 C.1st Questions: ARe my core temps okay for such a moderate overclock?Before the over clock, I had an issue with my VREG temperature that was always around 55-57 at idle. I bought a spot cooler and placed it on north east corner of my board to blow over the ram and under the Zalman HSF to cool the VREG HS. This helped slightly. Now after over clock, my VREG temp is around 60C which really concerns me. Please note my system set up in the sig. So the following are my questions :2nd questions: My VREG HS is sandwiched between my CPU cooler and the IO Shield. If I put the spot cooler to blow from top directly on the VREG HS, I assume it would disrupt the flow of air between Zalman 9900LED and my rear exhause fan. Is it okay to do that? If not, any other suggestion on how to cool my VREG?I appreciate your help in advance.Fredi920 OC to 3.4 ghzEVGA X58 3SLIZalman 9900LED3 x 2 OCZ Gold 1600mhz tripple channel RAM BGF 275 GTX Video cardWD 1 TB HDNZXT TEmpest case with 6 fansAntec 650 SLI Cert. PSAntec Spot Cooler

You're more than fine with those temps. My roomie's 920 is clocked to 3.33GHz (just bumped the bclock to 166 from 133 and applied some more voltage to the CPU and voila). He gets similar temps with a Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer also running OCCT.As for your second question you'd need to apply the air cooling more directly or simply get much larger heatsinks for the vreg components if their heat bothers you.