Sign in to follow this  
Marcusb98

737-700 Start Up Procedure for Default Aircraft

Does anyone have a start up procedure for the FSX Default 737-700 ? I am attempting to start cold and dark, and then start everything up. However, all of the tutorials I can find are for the PMDG version... which i don't have... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

It's fairly straight forward as I recall, although I haven't done it for a while. There are really only two stages to the procedure anyway. You'll have to provide power to the systems, and fire up the engines. Make sure you have a cold and dark flight saved and selected as your startup flight.1) Firstly, you'll have to provide power for the systems, and you'll find a small white battery (on/off) switch in the middle of the overhead panel which will do this.2) Next you'll have to power up the avionics, and to do this you'll have to assign a key press because there is no avionics switch in the VC. Look for the Avionics master (on/off) entry in the All events category of the Buttons/Keys/Assingments dialogue.3) Now you're ready to power up the engines. Begin with the two fuel cutoff switches (located on the centre console) in the off position. Hit the APU starter at the bottom of the overhead panel, and turn on the APU generators.4) At the bottom of the overhead you'll find a couple of engine start switches. Hit these one at a time and look for the N2 display on the EICAS screen below. When N2 gets to 20% open the respective fuel cutoff switch, and the engine should fire up. Repeat for the other engine.5) Cleanup by switching off the engine starter. Switch off the APU and APU generator, and switch on the main engine generators.With any luck you'll be on your way. From memory the only complication you'll have involves getting the aircraft in a completely cold and dark state before you start.Good luck.

Mike Beckwith