Sign in to follow this  
moggel

Can I use Multi Crew Experience with Radar Contact?

I read Alan Bradbury's excellent review on Multi Crew Experience and decided to try it. Having downloaded the demo and installed it, I went on to configure my microphone only to find it wasn't working (I suspect my kids have "borrowed" my headset :( ). The demo time limit (10 days) passed before I got the chance to get a new headset so I'm still in the dark about how MCE actually works. (I assume it won't work re-installing the demo, a trial period would be pretty pointless if it did?) Anyway, from what I've read at MCE's web site and in Alan's review the ATC feature only works with the FSX built-in ATC. Is this correct or would it be possible to get it to work with Radar Contact to get a better ATC experience?Cheers/Jonas

Thanks for pointng me to IYP. However, having read the info on their web site, and seen the Skyhawk clip, it seems talking to ATC is about activating menu options with voice commands. I understand I can likely map menu commands to Radar Contact options just as easy but that's not the same as "talking to ATC". Will the program "understand" my read backs and respond to mistakes (like VoxATC) or will I only be able to say stuff like "roger" to activate the Radar Contact "read back option"?This is what I mean by my question about Multi Crew Experience as well. If I understand the MCE information correctly it will actually be able to break down my read backs and requests and respond to them within the limits of the FSX default ATC functionality but will it work with more potent ATC software like Radar Contact?Cheers/Jonas

Thanks for pointng me to IYP. However, having read the info on their web site, and seen the Skyhawk clip, it seems talking to ATC is about activating menu options with voice commands. I understand I can likely map menu commands to Radar Contact options just as easy but that's not the same as "talking to ATC". Will the program "understand" my read backs and respond to mistakes (like VoxATC) or will I only be able to say stuff like "roger" to activate the Radar Contact "read back option"?This is what I mean by my question about Multi Crew Experience as well. If I understand the MCE information correctly it will actually be able to break down my read backs and requests and respond to them within the limits of the FSX default ATC functionality but will it work with more potent ATC software like Radar Contact?Cheers/Jonas
Hi Jonas,My name is Robert Cezar - Developer of It's Your Plane. I have placed a notice on the front page of the IYP Webiste http://www.ItsYourPlane.cominviting our members to join in, in the development of a more fluid interface between IYP and the MS ATC. Albeit you're not an IYP user, your input would much appreciate. Please visit us at Michelle's Pilot Lounge here: http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=1802if you'd like to offer your suggestions. I look for to seeing in the forum.Robert :)

Hi Jonas,My name is Robert Cezar - Developer of It's Your Plane. I have placed a notice on the front page of the IYP Webiste http://www.ItsYourPlane.cominviting our members to join in, in the development of a more fluid interface between IYP and the MS ATC. Albeit you're not an IYP user, your input would much appreciate. Please visit us at Michelle's Pilot Lounge here: http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=1802if you'd like to offer your suggestions. I look for to seeing in the forum.Robert :)
Roger Wilco! :( /Jonas

MCE can interface with both the Native FS ATC, and Radar Contact.By that, we mean natural interaction, and not just guess work, by sending key strokes to FS ATC menu like IYP does.MCE is able to see the FS ATC menu at any given time, and can make the proper selection.Just ask the co-pilot "what are the ATC options", and he should read-back what's on the menu.With IYP, if you make any acknowledgment it will hit key (1) no matter what is displayed on the ATC menu at that time.MCE is more discerning in this regard.http://www.multicrewxp.comGerald ReillyOn behalf of the FS++ team