Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GerdD

FSX with i7-965, problem with OC

Have problems running FSX with any higher cpu multiplier than standard.After about 30 minutes flying system reboots.CPU temp is always below 70C with standard air cooler.Also all other temps are moderate.I am using 1866-ram with xmp profile1 = 1.65V ram.Have set QPI manually to 1.335V. All other settings remain auto.Also tried LLC without success.Has anybody some experience how to OC a 965 at best? (want to keep the cooler)Many thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have problems running FSX with any higher cpu multiplier than standard.After about 30 minutes flying system reboots.CPU temp is always below 70C with standard air cooler.Also all other temps are moderate.I am using 1866-ram with xmp profile1 = 1.65V ram.Have set QPI manually to 1.335V. All other settings remain auto.Also tried LLC without success.Has anybody some experience how to OC a 965 at best? (want to keep the cooler)Many thanks
What is your Vcore voltage set at? Try Vcore 1.35 and QPI 1.35 also. Then run OCCT for 1 hour and see if it passes. If that passes then begin to optimize your voltages (find the absolute lowest that it will run and pass the OCCT test. You may also need to use a lower CPU mult. I had to use 21 for my 4ghz OC

What is your Vcore voltage set at?
Did not change anything there. According to BIOS Vcore is max. 1.232V.Thanks for the answers. There is a lot to do for me now.

Did not change anything there. According to BIOS Vcore is max. 1.232V.Thanks for the answers. There is a lot to do for me now.
You will for sure need to raise that value for a OC.

You will for sure need to raise that value for a OC.
Depends on what OC he's going for. I got my 940 up to 3.4 without changing VCore.

Depends on what OC he's going for. I got my 940 up to 3.4 without changing VCore.
ULFB,True. I was answering his orig question as to why he was unable to run at anything higher than default. Seeing he was only at 1.23 VCORE I dont think he is overheating. That was my basis for telling him to raise the VCORE.To the orig poster:The information ULFB has given you links to tells you everthing. OC'ing is all about finding the right balance between speed, voltages, thermal output.Good Luck and have fun!