Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hychewright

Engine Start

Hello All, I have CH yoke and CH quadrant and all is calibrated and works as suppose too. Here lies the problem, all of a sudden on cold start I can't start engine(s) manually any more. I have to start them by Ctrl- E for first time. Here is what is funny, after I start engines first by Ctrl-e and I am in the same flight, I can start engine(s) manually with my quadrant button. If I quit that flight and start a new flight, have to start engines by Ctrl-e. The only thing I've done is add a new add on aircraft but that should not mess anything up should it? I have been flying this FSX set up for well over a year with no problems. Any ideas from anybody? ThanksRegardsLamar Wright

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It could be that weird gremlin with fuel valves. Some add-on aircraft use tank selectors that (when the flight is saved) set the fuel to cut-off for other models. If the other model doesn't have a similar fuel-valve.. the ONLY way to force the fuel to get turned "on", is with "Ctrl+E"

It could be that weird gremlin with fuel valves. Some add-on aircraft use tank selectors that (when the flight is saved) set the fuel to cut-off for other models. If the other model doesn't have a similar fuel-valve.. the ONLY way to force the fuel to get turned "on", is with "Ctrl+E"
Thanks Brett, that is exactly what it was. I forgot about the fuel valves and where they are selected after you save. These were in the " OFF" position when saved. Thanks againRegardsLamar Wright

Actually, Ctrl-Shift-F4 works quite well to "unstick" fuel valves... :(

Actually, Ctrl-Shift-F4 works quite well to "unstick" fuel valves... :(
Doesn't Ctrl+Shift+F4 just set the mxture to full rich? I don't believe that will help if the fuel selector is set to "Off." R-