Sign in to follow this  
frankla

Everything is visible at night?

More FSX new bee questions: Why is the grass, the farms and more importantly the oceans and bodies of water so visible at night? For example the water is silverish color where as in real life it is pitch black. FS9 wasn't like this. You only saw moon illuminating the water in a cone shape reflection; otherwise the water was black. The same problem goes for the airport environment. Why are we back to FS95 days when runway asphalt was illuminated and visible?

More FSX new bee questions: Why is the grass, the farms and more importantly the oceans and bodies of water so visible at night? For example the water is silverish color where as in real life it is pitch black. FS9 wasn't like this. You only saw moon illuminating the water in a cone shape reflection; otherwise the water was black. The same problem goes for the airport environment. Why are we back to FS95 days when runway asphalt was illuminated and visible?
Adjust your graphic card settings, monitor, or RivaTuner, or similar for 3D/Gaming mode.Everyones machine is different, and my computer boots and installs my Adobe Gamma settings (for photography work) which actually made FSX the darkest of all the FS versions I have ever ran. I couldn't see anything at night, so I had to adjust everything a bit brighter when entering FS...actually more the gamma setting than lightness and dark; In fact, I have created different settings for individual aircraft, as many 'act' differently to gamma one single setting.

frankla, try using FS Water Configurator to adjust the water reflection. Below is the link.http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/index.htmYou can make it look a lot more realistic by reducing the water reflection. On a night with a full moon the water was very bright silver.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

frankla, try using FS Water Configurator to adjust the water reflection. Below is the link.http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/index.htmYou can make it look a lot more realistic by reducing the water reflection. On a night with a full moon the water was very bright silver.
Yep, another great tool...and free to boot!One thing nice about FSX, you can see these changes (while using tools such as this) while within FS instead of having to boot out, then back in.

Guest UlfB
You could try the ENB series. More info and instructions found in this long thread: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...t=0&start=0Use the setting DarkeningAmountNight=n (n is an integer value, zeroe = no adjustment) to adjust night texture visibility. Try the value DarkeningAmountNight=10 and increase it if you want even darker textures. Negative values will make the textures brighter than normal.