Hi Jim/Damien, finally started using ASA again after sticking with AsV6 because of the teething troubles, it's starting to perform as the weather engine it promised to be! There is however still one nagging bug that has not changed for me, its the same as it was with the first release and I noticed it wasn't mentioned on the list of fixes for b406, that is the grossly incorrect upper temperature altitudes, seems to be worse t lower levels (excluding ground temps) just climed out of EGNM with ground temp of 13 and 3000ft temp of 19! then it slowly decreases during the climb. Is this an issue your still working on or am I the only one? ThanksMark

Hi Mark,Thanks for giving ASA another shot!Please write to support(AT)hifisim.com with ASA BETA REPORT as the Subject.Then include as much information as possible. Damian is screening out these mails and personally working with those users. If you don't, then right now these things will not be looked into. We really want SP1 to become official.Thanks!

Hi Jim/Damien, finally started using ASA again after sticking with AsV6 because of the teething troubles, it's starting to perform as the weather engine it promised to be! There is however still one nagging bug that has not changed for me, its the same as it was with the first release and I noticed it wasn't mentioned on the list of fixes for b406, that is the grossly incorrect upper temperature altitudes, seems to be worse t lower levels (excluding ground temps) just climed out of EGNM with ground temp of 13 and 3000ft temp of 19! then it slowly decreases during the climb. Is this an issue your still working on or am I the only one? ThanksMark
Keep in mind, this may also be a temperature inversion, which is a real-world weather phenomenon.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest abulaafia

+34C at FL370 is hardly normal temperature inversion. :)I concur, issue is not fixed.

Thanks Jim, i'll send an email to the address you stated for you to have a look, going to insatll a fresh copy of FS2004 on my system first with no addons to make sure it's not something in my setup that's causing the problem. I have noticed something extremely strange; if i slew (press Y) and climb using the slew mode the temperatures are perfect and match the data in ASA as soon as I press Y again to turn off slew and go back into flying mode the temperature jump instantly to a ridiculous level, seems to add about 9 degrees on, i.e if l sew to 9000ft and stop there, ASA main program says the temperature should be 1.4 and the temperature on my aircraft does read 1 degree, if I then press Y again to go back to normal the temperature jumps instantly to 10 degrees, very strange?Regards Mark