Sign in to follow this  
ualpilot2236

My photos

Guest fullstoplanding

Hi Mike,I checked out your photos. Nice. You're a good photographer. Good luck with your flight training.Roger

Hey there, just had a look at the stream and I like it. I see you fly the Warrior, that's great! I've flown quite some hours on the Arrow recently. I hate you though for flying the Skyhawk with G1000 though... LOL :( Must be great to fly in the US, hope I have the chance to do that one day.Oh and by the way, I saw you commented one pic "Waiting for Allentown Clearance Delivery to release me from Queen City Airport", while holding short of the runway. I've never seen that before, but I guess things work a little different there. So far I have always gotten clearances before taxi. Interesting to see!

Badderjet,Queen City airport is uncontrolled, so we (the pilots) announce our movements and intentions on a UNICOM frequency, just like you might while flying on VATSIM. However, the airport is in Class Charlie airspace with a larger international airport only about 5 miles away. Therefore, Queen City and the larger Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE/KABE) share a clearance delivery privilege. Since I was flying IFR that day, I started the engine, did the run-up, and then called clearance delivery. At that point, the controller may instruct me to 'hold for release' because the departure from Queen City runs over one of the ILS' at (ABE). If I were at any other controlled airport, I would start up and then get the clearance before I taxi.-Mike