Sign in to follow this  
perryfincher

PMDG MD-11 for FS9 Initialization

Today, I changed my default flight from KSEA to KDFW after I had loaded the MD-11.Now, when I try to create a flight, the MD-11 will not do the countdown for initialization and all screens are blank.I have uninstalled the PMDG MD-11 and reinstalled it.Again, the same thing.No countdown for initialzation and all screens are blank.What do I do?I have changed the default aircraft back to a cesna.I use FS9 on Windows XP

The only issue I remember with initialization was fixed in the latest patch. Are you running that patch? v1.20.0055To check if that is the issue, open the load manager, and load some weight, whether it be a passenger or cargo. For whatever reason when the plane was at 0 load, it wouldn't initialize. If that is not the case, it might be an activation problem and I'd suggest emailing support. EDIT: I could be wrong on it being an activation issue, but that's the only thing I can think of. Why it would happen after setting it to your default flight, I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be of more help.

The only issue I remember with initialization was fixed in the latest patch. Are you running that patch? v1.20.0055To check if that is the issue, open the load manager, and load some weight, whether it be a passenger or cargo. For whatever reason when the plane was at 0 load, it wouldn't initialize. If that is not the case, it might be an activation problem and I'd suggest emailing support. EDIT: I could be wrong on it being an activation issue, but that's the only thing I can think of. Why it would happen after setting it to your default flight, I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Yes, I am using the current version.Good news is that it is working again after I deleted the default location and resorted back to FS default location at KSEAThanks

Glad you've got it working again. :(

On the MSFS menu under FLIGHT, try restart flight... this should start the initialization countdown. This usually happens when reloading a flight for some reason.

Dan Downs KCRP

On the MSFS menu under FLIGHT, try restart flight... this should start the initialization countdown. This usually happens when reloading a flight for some reason.
As of now, I think I got it working.I plan to fly tomorrow, so if it does it again, I will try reseting the flight.I appreciate you getting back to me.Thanks

Perry,We highly recomend NOT using any PMDG Aircraft as the saved default flight. Its much better to stick with the default C172 at Sea and then load up from the saved flight menu or load up a clean flight from the select an Aircraft menu for better results.Regards

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg