Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Reality XP gauges

Just saw the announcement on the reality xp gauges, I checked them out on the website. They look pretty good. Has anyone dl'd them yet? I'm thinking of getting them and putting them in a CRJ panel, just looking to see if anyone's done it yet and how well they work. I saw on the "other site" the announcement of the Jet Line C with a HUD, but didn't see this on the Reality XP site. This would be optimal with the CRJ I think!!Lobaeux

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good Evening,I bought the both gauge packages last night and have begun to experiment. I am learning how to deal with panels and gauges and have installed the Jet Line 4 gauges into the Fokker 70/100 panel (please forgive me!!!!) as an experiment. Honestly ... unbelievable clarity and very nice functionality.The package has an auto install for the Lear default a/c and it really perks that panel up very nicely.If you want to play with panels and modify them to your liking and add modern avionics at the same time, both packages are very inexpensive, documented well, and Reality has an active forum with excellent support.I believe many people are working on panel configs for various aircraft in a similar way to when Reality published the Garmin 530.Awesome stuff!

I have the Reality-XP FLA Apollo line (v.1.2) which also scales very graphicly. I use it in commuter sized models modifying panels with FS Panel Studio. The Reality products can be incorporated as guages in a panel and you can if you wish use the supplied pop-up configuration as you wish.The only negative issue for me with the JL 2 and 4 is that the course line is picked up from the plan loaded into FS2K2 and if so will not show any changes implemented by the GPS meaning they could get out of synch. With the FLA GPS, I load the plan into that.I have suggested that for the upcoming release of the FLA upgrade, that the GPS drive the EHSI course line. The JL C is described as an FMC that will drive an upgraded version of the EHSI course line. The JL C is still in development.Follow the link on their site to their forum where you can get good screen-shots and pros and cons of their products. I did purchase the JL 2 series but have not done any custom installs yet.