Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Autopilot fully controlled by co pilot

Hi,From reviews and videos it seems that most commands including the mcp are made by the Virtual pilot, correct me if i'm wrong?I just purchased a hardware MCP module and was wondering if this is really the case, in that scenario i have no real need to push the buttons myself which of course creates the real simulation of flight for me.ThanksCan anyone clarify?

Hi,From reviews and videos it seems that most commands including the mcp are made by the Virtual pilot, correct me if i'm wrong?I just purchased a hardware MCP module and was wondering if this is really the case, in that scenario i have no real need to push the buttons myself which of course creates the real simulation of flight for me.ThanksCan anyone clarify?
Let me rephrase that i would like to know if fs2crew handles the mcp, because that would result in making my harware useless in a sense?Thanks!

Let me rephrase that i would like to know if fs2crew handles the mcp, because that would result in making my harware useless in a sense?Thanks!
Hello, that's not quite correct. The FO does not exclusively control the MCP at all. You still maintain control of the MCP.All the best,

Hello, that's not quite correct. The FO does not exclusively control the MCP at all. You still maintain control of the MCP.All the best,
Oh ok great thanks i was worried that the co pilot would control HDG ALT etc....I read the tutorial a few times but am really new to this program and just purchased it, however to my understanding is the concept of the program to help one read through the checklist and i the pilot will go in and click everything or at the different stages of preparation when called upon example before taxi the co pilot flips the knobs and settings and i get to relax while he sets it up. Which way is the program designed to meet the captains needs.. I will experiment but i was so curious i had to ask, i love the program but need to understand before the learning curve begins. I working on alot of different things lately!

Oh ok great thanks i was worried that the co pilot would control HDG ALT etc....I read the tutorial a few times but am really new to this program and just purchased it, however to my understanding is the concept of the program to help one read through the checklist and i the pilot will go in and click everything or at the different stages of preparation when called upon example before taxi the co pilot flips the knobs and settings and i get to relax while he sets it up. Which way is the program designed to meet the captains needs.. I will experiment but i was so curious i had to ask, i love the program but need to understand before the learning curve begins. I working on alot of different things lately!
FS2Crew is airline crew crew simulation.For example, in the 767 version, we worked with David Barrington, who is a Capt at a UK airline.So in FS2Crew you take the role the Capt, and everything you see in the sim is how you would see it from the perspective of the Capt (with respect to checklists, flows, crew interaction, etc).Cheers,

FS2Crew is airline crew crew simulation.For example, in the 767 version, we worked with David Barrington, who is a Capt at a UK airline.So in FS2Crew you take the role the Capt, and everything you see in the sim is how you would see it from the perspective of the Capt (with respect to checklists, flows, crew interaction, etc).Cheers,
ok thanks sounds great ill be flying really soon.

I completed my 1st flight with fs2crew, great product.However i do have 3 questions,1. It seemed that the FO controlled my autopilt settings on takeoff climb out, example speed HDG or LNAV depending what i chose. Is there a way to fly manually for the takeoff AND handle the MCP?2. Where are all the cabin announcements am i doing something wrong to not be able to hear the FA saying there briefing to the passengers on the long taxi for example. etc...Does it have to do with using cabin or pa under mic selection in the pedestal?3.CAn you load a cold and dark panel instead of the tutorial one, to be able to read the tutorial in the knee board but simulate any other flight from scratch?Thanks!

I completed my 1st flight with fs2crew, great product.However i do have 3 questions,1. It seemed that the FO controlled my autopilt settings on takeoff climb out, example speed HDG or LNAV depending what i chose. Is there a way to fly manually for the takeoff AND handle the MCP?2. Where are all the cabin announcements am i doing something wrong to not be able to hear the FA saying there briefing to the passengers on the long taxi for example. etc...Does it have to do with using cabin or pa under mic selection in the pedestal?3.CAn you load a cold and dark panel instead of the tutorial one, to be able to read the tutorial in the knee board but simulate any other flight from scratch?Thanks!
Hi,Glad to hear you like it :-)1. On the Departure Brief Page, select YES for MAN(ual) Departure. If memory serves correct, the FO will not engage the autopilot if you set that selection to YES. Then simply do not press the Secondary Button to call for HDG or LNAV. However, you may still get the VNAV call. I'd have to fly it again to refresh my memory.2. That's correct. There is a picture in the manual showing which knob on the audio panel you need to twist to monitor the FA's PA's.3. Shouldn't be an issue.All the best,

Hi,Glad to hear you like it :-)1. On the Departure Brief Page, select YES for MAN(ual) Departure. If memory serves correct, the FO will not engage the autopilot if you set that selection to YES. Then simply do not press the Secondary Button to call for HDG or LNAV. However, you may still get the VNAV call. I'd have to fly it again to refresh my memory.2. That's correct. There is a picture in the manual showing which knob on the audio panel you need to twist to monitor the FA's PA's.3. Shouldn't be an issue.All the best,
1. Ok thanks for letti ng me know .2. As for this i can't seem to find the picture, and im not talking about interaction with fa, i mean FA to the passengers about electronics, video monitor seatbelts etc... not sure if fs2crew models this, i may be wrong but i tried PA and this allows me to ask for a drink but does the cabin allow you to hear passengers, music, announcements? i know realistically you wouldn't hear it but would be kind of cool,?3. Great ill try my own cold and dark cockpit and launch fs2 crew..

2. Some FA cabin announcements are included. In the real plane you can monitor the FA's announcements (you generally can't hear them through a closed door).To monitor them, ensure the volume selector for the PA selector on the audio panel is is not off. It's a twist knob.Best,