Sign in to follow this  
Brentd2183

$950 to spend, simple user.

It's great to see posters who write about hardware that they don't own. LOL
Ok, let me see the Flight1 Mustang VC, KORD, 75% AI traffic, UTX, GEX, FEX with a cold front (something with dense clouds), and very dense autogenI guess I did not see this in Mike's post and just figured that FSX needs more than 4.0GHz to run these items wellI would like my FSX to run no less than 20fps in the above situation not to mention have clear crisp scenery

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Come on now guys, if there was ever a post where a debate along these lines should show up, this is not it. Lets keep the "i bet your system cant do this" posts out of my coming out of the stone age topic. Now i do like seeing these topics now and then to see just what technology has gotten us to lately, just not here. Now do you guys see any foreseeable problems with my step up above? Intel heatsink experience? Maybe a better brand memory? Thoughts on which maker on my video card? Everyone on here has a a good chunk of knowledge, and about once a year i tap it. Thanks. Oh and one day i do wish i could spend $1000 on a chip, ive seen people buy paintings for many thousands and frankly what is your painting doing for you lately?$1000 chip? Surely bragging rights, sure a few oddball looks, but if you can swing it? Go for it.

I'm not talking about bragging rights, I want to know if someone with the latest n greatest can finally run FSX on very high settings with loads of payware in big cities. I was reading Mike's thread and I did not see any signs that you can, even with 1000 dollar cpu...overclocked....crashmax did post a nice video in his own thread but again, the payware addon performance I'm looking for is not present (it is decent though)I could drop 2k on a system right now, but that would be dumb, because I haven't done my research, and there are other areas 2k would be better spent (mortgage anyone?) :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest djt01
Now i do like seeing these topics now and then to see just what technology has gotten us to lately
To see

To see

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Guest djt01
I can agree with that.Should be interesting to see what the future brings.
If Microsoft gets their way maybe we

So to the OP, are you going to go with that list or what?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I'm not talking about bragging rights, I want to know if someone with the latest n greatest can finally run FSX on very high settings with loads of payware in big cities. I was reading Mike's thread and I did not see any signs that you can, even with 1000 dollar cpu...overclocked....crashmax did post a nice video in his own thread but again, the payware addon performance I'm looking for is not present (it is decent though)I could drop 2k on a system right now, but that would be dumb, because I haven't done my research, and there are other areas 2k would be better spent (mortgage anyone?) :)
What is "high settings?' Dense? Extremely Dense?If I read correctly, Mike was leaving FS9 because he couldn't believe how FSX performed on his i7 975.I can tell you that I've been using FS since the beginning and I was skeptical too. But, I can see 25-35fps in NYC with high settings using UTX, GEX, & FEX. Sharp textures and smooth flight with a water setting that show a reflection (2x High/Medium) It's not just the system, it's the tweaks and the software. There are sceneries like Manhattan X that I don't bother with. It's just bad software.25-35fps in NYC with, UTX, GEX, & FEX with poor weather. That's what I was looking for from my i7 975 - not bragging rights.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

25-35fps in NYC with, UTX, GEX, & FEX with poor weather. That's what I was looking for from my i7 975 - not bragging rights.
Thank you for letting me know, now I know what to purchase in hardware for my next upgrade. Is that with intense payware too (pmdg/F1 'stang/LvlD)? This is what I really want to know, because if I could run those planes in their respective VC's with 25 fps I would be a happy camper. Period.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ryan, this is the first version of the list i put out here. I know alot of people on the board have done similar setups in the past, most have moved onto newer hardware. I was looking for people who built similar systems and if they saw any problems or have better suggestions for making sure all my parts play well together. I just dont think those people have come through here just yet. Basically im looking for someone to come in here and be like, nope no problem that case fits that VC easy, watch out for the tabs on the heatsink and make sure you install this part first before doing the MB. One of those posts that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside before you drop a chunk of change........literally.

I was in the same boat after being "Stimulated" by our benevolant government with AUD $900!E6600 replaced with E8600 overclocked at 4GHz2 x 1 GB RAM replaced with 2 x 2 GB Corsair 8500Nvidia 7300 GT replaced with Gigabyte GTX260-OCAUD $909 in total3DMark06 score went from 3250 to 17022The improvement within FSX was extraordinary.Thanks Keven! :(

Thank you for letting me know, now I know what to purchase in hardware for my next upgrade. Is that with intense payware too (pmdg/F1 'stang/LvlD)? This is what I really want to know, because if I could run those planes in their respective VC's with 25 fps I would be a happy camper. Period.
I think that Mike might be able to confirm whether the pmdg etc, will yield the fps you want. I think that it's possible. A properly configured i7 975 will yield 25+ in NYC with very dense scenery and poor weather.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bruce, thats good to hear. I just ran the virtual mark test that runs in flash, got a 2500. Seems pretty low, digging around it seems similar setups for what i want are around 15000. Not sure how much that translates to the FS world but sure seems alot faster. Any advice on the OS? Vista or windows 7? Im going 64 bit either way, mainly worried about drivers for things like trackIR, my joysticks and pedals. Again, how about brand of VC, seems to be alot of choices as far as Nvida goes. BFG? EVGA? Does it even make a difference?