Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

Planes automatically starting up from cold n' dark

I've saved a default scenario whereby the engines, switches, and other items are turned OFF. Upon starting MSFS and entering the sim, in any aircraft (default, PSS Airbus/DHC8, DF737, 767PIC), the engines begin to spool up automatically, almost as if CTRL-E was pressed.WIth my addon airplanes, I have configured them in their respective load edit and config screens to load up cold and dark. But it appears MSFS has other things in mind. Specific example - with the PSS Airbus - Upon loading the scenario, the craft loads in shut down - then I hear the spooling and see the engines coming to life on the MFD's... Quickly I bring up the pedistal view, and see that the fuel cutoff switches are OFF, and the starter mode switch is in NORMAL (as opposed to ignition)... if the add-on aircraft had control of the situation, it would NOT start as no fuel can flow to the engines! If I cycle the fuel cutoff switches (off-on-off), the spooling stops and the engines wind down and stay off.Has anyone else seen this behaviour? There seems to be a ghost in my aircraft!-Greg

Greg,While I haven't dove into the cfg files to load up cold, I've simply set my favorite a/c at my hometown airport at a favorite parking space. I've shut everything down and saved as default flight. Everything wants to start on/lit up/whatever, but in a second, everything is cold and dark. Any plane I choose in any airport location is the same: a brief moment of life, then cold and dark. This is the same for my default a/c as well as any payware I have, although I don't have any that you list. I guess I wanted to ask if it's necessary to alter files in the addon a/c?Rick

I have noticed that if I don't give it a bit of time after shutdown, and save, then when I start I get the same thing, a bit of life, then nothing. I have found that if I wait before saving, I can start with a complete shutdown on loading. Hope this helps.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest EGT_

Try keeping the default flight as the default, don't save any other situation to default. This causes other FS problems such as APR and LOC facilities with the A/P not functioning properly.Load FS with the default flight, shut down the engines and close FS then reload again and try selecting your scenario.

I have done all the suggestions you've put forth - * Rick's method is the way I am attempting to set this all up.* I've waited a long time prior to saving, as Michael has suggested.* I've insured that my powered off saved scenarios has the avionics switch turned ON, in order to avoid some FS2002+addon limitations, as EGT implies. I may blow the FS2002.CFG file out of the water and try it all again. Perhaps there is something hidden in there that doesn't want to let me do it. :) Thanks all,-Greg

Guest P3_Super_Bee

There is a gauge here in the avsim file library that added to the aircraft panel(it invisable can't see it) but this gauge will cause all aircraft with it to be loaded cold and dark. I haven't tried it myself, so don't know if it works as advertised.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...CatID=fs2002gau:-outtahttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...43942b48d2b.jpg