Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bilbo

I Just Deleted All My Payware.....

Yep. I just deleted every payware item on my FS2002 drive. All 5+GB of it. No commercial add-on will ever reside there again. I'm going back to using only those add-ons developed by those folks who dearly love this hobby and who contribute so much to the enjoyment of it for all us - and who do so totally free of commercial concern. And if you're still paying attention Ken, the count is now up to eight.Trip

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good For You!!!!!!!!:-bang:-beerchug :-laugh1 I get more enjoyment out of what I paid for....

well since you dont want it.. ill buy it all for 10USD

Okay trip, I dont see what your getting at here, you buy the addons, use them, then you throw them away?What for? these folks work hard too....Why don't you explain to us... hmmm

AMDFREAK has some good points. Is there some reason that all payware authors are on the poo list? I can name only one author off the top of my head who is out for the buck, and (don't nobody shoot me), that is Peter Tishma.The folks at PMDG, WELP from the 767 PIC team, PSS, Flight1, Dreemfleet, etc etc surely aren't *bad guys*, and most certainly do not fit your description.And, who is 'Ken', and what is this 'count is up to 8' business?

You will all be happy to learn that I have burned all my possessions in a potlach on my front lawn.

BTW, if you are selling your payware, let me know, I might want some of it :)

To each his/her own ....................But if I gave up payware, I'd seriously quit this hobby altogether. Over the years I've seen quite a leap in flight dynamics from people who have done this for years. From the looks of it, it takes years to learn the craft, and I don't expect anyone with that knowledge to spend the time for "free".A hobby isn't exactly a hobby anymore when it requires hundreds and thousands of hours of research & programming. But it's exactly this type of payware aircraft that are my preference. Maybe I'm just picky & prefer planes that include excellent flight dynamics, great looking panels, animation, and well crafted exteriors. It's usually payware that includes all that I've listed. I will NOT go back to strickly freeware!Dreamfleet, PSS, FSD, RealAir Simulations, PDMG , Lago-scenery, Flight1, and any great ones I've missed------------ keep them coming!!L.Adamson

Good gosh, how can you say that payware developers don't care dearly for the hobby? To me, this hobby is about trying to make flight as realistic as possible within the constraints of a PC. Lacking the "in the pants" feel requires other aspects of the sim to step forward to fill the gap.PIC767: If you use it correctly, you could probably step into the Level D sim and fly all afternoon.DF737: Really makes you feel like an airline captain, remembering to make the announcements at the right stages of flight; pretty good representation of systems. Speaking of DF, have you mosied over to their forum or website lately? They're taking quite a few surveys to get input from...holy smokes Batman!!!...US.PSS: Their A3xx is to die for. I feel a little bit safer now stepping onto a real Airbus knowing the abilities of the automation in that bird.Real Air Sim: Now I know what to expect it to look like when I do my first real spin (thanks to the VC and Active Camera).These are to name but a few of the awesome payware aircraft out there. Need we get into scenery???

Moghdad,If you are ken, I dont see why your damn personal issues have anything to do with throwing money away.*DUHHH*

Uhmmm... Trip, does this mean you're gonna get rid of your car, too. And what about your house...?Those things are made by money grubbers, too.:-beerchug

To me, this hobby is about trying to make flight as realistic as possible within the constraints of a PC.
Well, maybe to him it isn't. Which iswhy he acted like that (please note I'm not saying it's wrong not to have this "definition" of the hobby")...If he dooesn't want any more payware stuff in his machine, then let him delete it, and stop answering to this thread defending payware or freeware becasue he simply wants to create another "payware/freeare" debate...and we all know that isn't pretty :(

...are we airing dirty laundry in public again......I up the bid for the used payware to $10.50. oh wait, I probably already have most of it! LOL...so what gives?? You are usually very rational.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

But that doesnt answer my question to why hes in a mad rage to delete all his stuff and then come tell us about it, funny isn't it?

>and stop answering to this thread>defending payware or freeware becasue he simply wants to>create another "payware/freeare" debate...and we all know that>isn't pretty There is NO debate. In most cases, the best freeware developers usually go payware after investing years in this "hobby". Normally several indivduals will combine to put out the best product possible. There is no doubt (in my mind) that I'm statiscally correct on this!!!!!!L.Adamson

How true. Well, to my Marchetti, on the double!

>How true. >>Well, to my Marchetti, on the double!he,he ................... just take away my Marchetti and I'll "quit" the hobby! :)L.Adamson ----- going to junk my full size airplane project and learn to play "checkers"!

I actually sorda agree with you in some sence.. but I still buy payware.. they are often better, and have way more features then the feeeware..i only buy the real good payware though

I hate to get in this.. but I have a firm belief in this as well.I cannot say that I have not bought payware, or that I would delete it from my system, unless it was junk, but I do not buy payware, with the 1 exception of 767PIC, just because I cannot see paying someone cash for something that is not real.Sure, I pay for windows, & other programs, & they are just code, just like hte aircraft, or whatever payware product, but those items serve a purpose to me, & the other payware items I have seen out so far do not. Your opinion may vary, & with every right to do so, but I barely use this game/sim/whatever as it is. I usually play in the big iron, trying to make a flight as absolutely real in the little areas (flight plans, altitude, weights, fuel on board, timing, economy of the flight if I can get real #'s, etc). I am not too worried about the exact flight model, because it will never happen in this game.I fly a lot in the real world lately, & that is taking most of my 'want' out of it. Once it becomes a job (for me anyways) it becomes just that, & at least I start to get tired of the business end of things, & I don't even fly for an airline, YET!:) just my opinions, yours may, & probably will vary!Cyas

lol. You already PAID for those paywares on your HD. They don't care if you use it or not.