Sign in to follow this  
hardcore

Tileproxy vs Default Comparison

I came across the simtours website and thought I'd visit some of the places on there with tileproxy and it's a different game altogether now. What a program. I'm not using any big res settings or caching high res 30cm stuff , just the standard 1.1m/pixel resolution. Load up and fly. It streams great even on my modest setup with a Geforce 6.My Proxyuser.ini settings aremax_lod=15preload_min_lod=9preload_max_lod=15min_level=9max_level=17level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,15,16,17,17FSX is set to 1.1mlod radius 4.5If anyone wants to post some comparison to default shots just pause the game, press V to take an in-game photo then save the game. Close FSX and tileproxy and load your save game back in, it will sit you right back in the same position in to press v again. The pics are saved in My Pictures in My Documents. I resized them to 800x600.Great program Christian. superb. Is there a reason why tileproxy doesn't work with missions in FSX? You just get default scenery.Rock of Gibraltargib2def.jpggib2tp.jpggib3def.jpggib3tp.jpggibrdef.jpggibrtp.jpgHollywoodholldf.jpgholltp.jpgInnsbruckinndef.jpginntp.jpg

There was a limit to posting so it wouldn't add these couple yesterday. A couple more random places from that website.Stonehenge is being nicked, wierd because most stuff lines up well with TP.hengedef.jpghengetp.jpgMount Rushmorerushdef.jpgrushtp.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

These are REALLY nice pictures (hardcore stuff, dude). Thanks for posting.On an unrelated note, I've received my DVD of Orbx Full Terrain Australia (SP3) in the mail today... and WOW, who needs Tileproxy anymore ;-)Christian

These are REALLY nice pictures (hardcore stuff, dude). Thanks for posting.On an unrelated note, I've received my DVD of Orbx Full Terrain Australia (SP3) in the mail today... and WOW, who needs Tileproxy anymore ;-)Christian
I guess the ones flying outside Australia still needs Tileproxy ;)

Tried free Orbx, looks nice but it isn't "real" photoscenery, it's just a very detailed landclass scenery. It's good product if you don't care much about accuracy or fly very low.