Sign in to follow this  
vector

I have not exhausted FS2002 yet!

I have had a lot of fun with FS2002 and learnt a lot about the theoretical aspects of flying. Last week I went up for a joyflight in a 1964 Beechcraft H18 twin and, looking over the pilots shoulder, I could appreciate and understand everything he was doing.BUT -- I still have so many many aircraft, panels, sceneries, adventures that I have downloaded and haven't used at all. Some of these addons would need me to fly them almost exclusively for quite a long time to really appreciate them. But, FS2004 is on its' way and I want to buy it. I was thinking that I would keep FS2002 along with all the unused FS2002 addons on my Hdd-- but I can see that this will be futile. So - to all the freeware addon developers out there, I say to you a big "Thank you" for your eforts -- I have not been able to come to grips with the great amount of fantastic stuff for FS2002. There is too much really -- maybe for the coming sim , I might just buy a couple of good payware addons and learn how to use them properly.BarryA JACK of all trades and MASTER of none!! :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think this is one of the problems with the FS series. Seems to me that it takes about a year for the add on developers to really get into their stride which gives us just about another year to really appreciate their efforts and the latest version of FS as well before the next version is announced.I haven't exhausted FS2002 yet by any means which is why I am not going to get FS2004. From what I have read so far about the upcoming version there isn't sufficient in it for me to move on.Clouds are going to be better but yesterday I downloaded Chris Willis' latest Sky World which has yet more clouds in it. They are giving me enough realism for the time being. How that guy does it I just don't know.ATC is going to be better but Radar Contact is just great.A greater number of more detailed airports is being reported but I already have masses of excellently detailed add on airports and airfields.And as for any possible improvements in scenery - well, I am fortunate enough to live in the UK and we have the unsurpassed VFR photorealistic scenery. Beat that if you can :-)Nope - I have a very long way to go with FS2002 yet :-)David