Sign in to follow this  
Dantheman2

9400 gt enough for good frames?

Hey all, after putting up with having 5 fps in default scenery for two years, I finally am going to buy a graphics card. However, since my budget is tight and my comp has a 300w psu, my options are limited. I am currently looking at a galaxy 9400 gt with 512 mb ddr2 memory from best buy. I'm just curious if there are any users of the 9400 and if it will be powerful enough to get decent frames on fsx. BTW I run fsx with sp1.

What is the rest of your system like?I would at least get a 9600GT - the 9400/9500 are low-end cards that you find in Best Buy systems....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wonder if your CPU is good enough to run FSX?

My comp is an hp a1640n. No new hardware has been added on, everything is stock. It has an intel 2 duo core E6300 processor, and 2gb worth of ram. It has NO GRAPHICS CARD:(. Instead it has an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 video chip built into the motherboard.

Well the whole system is lacking for FSX, but if you put in a 9600GT (assuming the power supply is good enough for the video card) it would actually help a lot.You'll need a 6pin molex connector for that card from your psu or two 4pin connectorshttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143161

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have tried to find a 9600gt that is useable with a 300w power supply, but I haven't found anything. Also, I'm fifteen and my dad isn't willing to buy anything that he'll have to mail back or drive for a hundred miles to return, so he's limited me to best buy and fry's. The 9400gt is the best I could find for my system, and it's inexpensive.

It would probably be better than the intel onboard.... newegg has it for 60 bucks if someone can get it for you (9400GT)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

300Watts is enough for the 9600GT! Anything more, no. But that is adequate, unless you're green and worried about efficiency of the PSU. The 9600GT is much better. The 9400 will be a waste of money, really.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules