Sign in to follow this  
rondon9897

RAM for VISTA and trustworthy companies

Hi guys,Wanted a new system and have been looking at systems with 8GB RAM - is this necessary for Vista (have heard that the OS takes up 3GB RAM at any one time).Obviously I'd rather go with 4GB RAM (it's cheaper!)For example, would this system run FSX with no jutters, with only 4GB RAM? (saw it on the Gateway website) Intel

The only suggestion I can offer you is try and configure that system without a video card to save a bit of money and buy a better card separately.

Guest AVN8tr

Given that the i7's are out I wouldn't go anything below an i7 920 chip... those things murder FS9 and make FS10 "enjoyable". I know the older systems are heck of a lot cheaper, but that's not economics, that'ss outdated hardware they're trying to offload on the next sucker :) no offense!

Agree with Av8Ntr. Go with the i7, with 6gb mem. You can pick one of those up relatively inexpensively and it will give you the most for your money. Much more for your money than the system you posted.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi guys,Wanted a new system and have been looking at systems with 8GB RAM - is this necessary for Vista (have heard that the OS takes up 3GB RAM at any one time).Obviously I'd rather go with 4GB RAM (it's cheaper!)For example, would this system run FSX with no jutters, with only 4GB RAM? (saw it on the Gateway website) Intel

Yep you're right. Forget it. I'm sick of searching now. As of today, my Flight Sim career is over. After 10 happy years.Goodbye folks.CJ :(