Sign in to follow this  
agtim

A first FU3 flight under Windows 7 RC

I set Win 98 compatibility and it stops at Ai startup 99%. I tested instaled and moved 'version'. I have no ideas what more I can modify.

I set Win 98 compatibility and it stops at Ai startup 99%. I tested instaled and moved 'version'. I have no ideas what more I can modify.
I found that FU3 works on my computer with Win 7 64 bit but without hires maps. I have to set 'reg_cd_path' in region.cfg incorrectly.

I found that FU3 works on my computer with Win 7 64 bit but without hires maps. I have to set 'reg_cd_path' in region.cfg incorrectly.
Did you try to switch off the graphic 3D hardware ?Is FLED running ?Can you modify settings off you graphic card ?If it's the hires only then remove all L0 and L1 map away from your /maps folder You can remove down to L4 but from Level 4 to level 7 must remain in the folder or FU3 will crash.Sure quality is then lost :-( so this is just for a test and not for final installation :-) Andre

Did you try to switch off the graphic 3D hardware ?Is FLED running ?Can you modify settings off you graphic card ?If it's the hires only then remove all L0 and L1 map away from your /maps folder You can remove down to L4 but from Level 4 to level 7 must remain in the folder or FU3 will crash.Sure quality is then lost :-( so this is just for a test and not for final installation :-) Andre
I was trying both on/off accelerator. I can modify my graphic card but don't know what settings to modify.Fled works under the same coditions as FU. I removed all l0,l1 and l2 from Flight3/cdrom/seattle/maps - then FU runs. Then I pasted l2 files and then FU stops when ai sturtup reaches 99%.When I pasted l0 and l1 without l2, FU runs but no hires I can see.

I was trying both on/off accelerator. I can modify my graphic card but don't know what settings to modify.Fled works under the same coditions as FU. I removed all l0,l1 and l2 from Flight3/cdrom/seattle/maps - then FU runs. Then I pasted l2 files and then FU stops when ai sturtup reaches 99%.When I pasted l0 and l1 without l2, FU runs but no hires I can see.
Very strange !?!?You still use the LG original using the cpd compressed maps. May be there are a problem with the decompression.Level 3 to 7 are .bin uncompressed.I am no longer using cpd files for my installation. I have all converted to .bin because I modify the region.There is a conversion kit for Seattle and as far I remember even for SanFran area in the library.After this modification you CDROM folder is empty and all levels are in the /Region/../maps folder as .binMay be this will help, you just need more disk space and a bit time - try it :-).After this conversion you will be ready for the north expansion up to Vancouver too.Andre

You still use the LG original using the cpd compressed maps. May be there are a problem with the decompression.Level 3 to 7 are .bin uncompressed.I am no longer using cpd files for my installation. I have all converted to .bin because I modify the region.Andre
Thanx for answer. I thought that uncompressed bin files could remove the problem though I didn't know that level 3 to 7 are .bin.

You still use the LG original using the cpd compressed maps. May be there are a problem with the decompression.Level 3 to 7 are .bin uncompressed.I am no longer using cpd files for my installation. I have all converted to .bin because I modify the region.Andre
Thanx for answer. I thought that uncompressed bin files could remove the problem though I didn't know that level 3 to 7 are .bin.