Sign in to follow this  
flyerkg

DreamFleet Beech A36 Bonanza

If I am correct, there is still yet to be an FSX version of the A36 Bonanza. So in order to keep the Dream alive, I read a couple of older forum posts and experimented with a few things to see if I could get an acceptable fix.So far I am getting minimal problems with my DreamFleet Bonanza in FSX. I replaced the ADI and HSI with default Beech Baron gauges. I removed the pull-down menus from the left side of the pilot view in 2D. I have not run all possible functions on the GNS430 but what I have seen so far appears to be operational. While the Garmin GNS430 and WX500 are still working, I have two issues I have to deal with on start up and selection of the A36.Please assist if anyone has resolved these issues:First, I must start FSX in something other than the Bonanza and open with the 2D cockpit otherwise if I initially select the A36 I get a dialogue box in the bottom right corner that warns me that I am opening views other than 2D panel. This box will not go away and after several seconds FSX crashes to desktop. Second, several of the RealityXP gauges alerts the system to look for certain RealityXP service module. After 15 clicks on okay, I get my Bonanza. I am considering switching all radios to Simflyer avionics and eliminate any hassles with RealityXP or something else that might work. I just hope someone else might have a solution that will make this more or less free of hang-ups and warnings.Thanks!

Keith Guillory

I just hope someone else might have a solution that will make this more or less free of hang-ups and warnings.Thanks!
Not sure my conversion is much better. Starting up in the 2d panel is indeed best. If not, I get the warning and can switch at that time.I like flying in the VC, but some of the switches are missing, the HSI has the corners cut off, the compass does not display properly etc..I replaced the analog gauges by the FSX version of the RXP FLT gauge set and the GNS by the FSX capable RXP GNS and all that seems to work OK..Did you get all the switches below (de-ice switch for example, see picture) to show up?

Bert

No Vent Blower, Prop De-Ice, Gen Reset, or nav/com switches on the lower panel. I'm curious and will take a look at my 2004 installed Bonanza to see if they were there originally. All the other switches seem to work and I can see the responding electrical load fluctuate when I move the switches to on.

Keith Guillory

Guest PPSFA

I fly it with all the default stuff, the only problem I have is the spinning prop texture and they don't seem inclined to issue a fix. Since it's not a FSX plane, I guess I cant blame them but it sure would be nice

I fly it with all the default stuff, the only problem I have is the spinning prop texture and they don't seem inclined to issue a fix. Since it's not a FSX plane, I guess I cant blame them but it sure would be nice
Each of my views have Reality XP gauges still. I think this is causing the multiple errors when I initially run the Bonanza. I did not really pay attention to any prop texture issues. The missing switches were also missing on my FS9 installed A36. I'm not finding anything else yet.

Keith Guillory

Each of my views have Reality XP gauges still. I think this is causing the multiple errors when I initially run the Bonanza. I did not really pay attention to any prop texture issues. The missing switches were also missing on my FS9 installed A36. I'm not finding anything else yet. I really am seeking the most functionality with minimal changes or deletions.

Keith Guillory

Each of my views have Reality XP gauges still. I think this is causing the multiple errors when I initially run the Bonanza. I did not really pay attention to any prop texture issues. The missing switches were also missing on my FS9 installed A36. I'm not finding anything else yet. I really am seeking the most functionality with minimal changes or deletions.
OK... after going back and having a better look at my FS9 installed A36, I've been able to get most things working, indeed... thanks for leading the way!The missing switches are also missing in the documentation pictures, so that must be a "feature"..One thing that is still not too good, is the the AFT DOOR light stays on all the time... have you got that problem as well?

Bert

OK... after going back and having a better look at my FS9 installed A36, I've been able to get most things working, indeed... thanks for leading the way!The missing switches are also missing in the documentation pictures, so that must be a "feature"..One thing that is still not too good, is the the AFT DOOR light stays on all the time... have you got that problem as well?
Bert,Two issues I have with lights are that after switching out some of main instruments, my HSI does not have back-lighting as with each of the other gauges. And there are two overhead lights that come on when selecting all lights but the control knobs no longer work to turn off these lights.

Keith Guillory