Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck_B

View SID/STAR Options on Flight Plan-FSBuild v2.3(?)

Can someone just remind me of the steps I need to do in order to see SID/STARs in FSBuild? I remember when I first got it a couple of years ago there was a way to actually see SID/STARS one at a time in your flight plan which made it easier to select an appropriate one but for the life of me I can't find remember how I did it. Until recently I've used FSbuild Autogenerate feature or FlightAware plans exclusively and my PDF manual in the myriad of hard drives I've had since then and the tutorial section on the website is down.By the way, has anyone heard anything official about future support for FSBuild? The Airac Data is now two releases old . . . I was assuming he was on holiday in August but with the latest Navdata release I'm not sure that explains it and I've been waiting for service to drop off.Thank you!

You can get the list available on the route screen by clicking the dropdown andf then building. The build will expand to individual waypoints and the area can be magnified on the route map. Trial and error AFAIK.For FAA Airports I download the bundled .pdf of the charts from flightaware.com under Airport Information/Terminal Procedures. Browsing the SIDs (DPs) and STARs will get you what you need. Since I'm likely to use these airports more than once I print them out and bind them. I note the arrival or departure direction. In a terminal procedure sometimes a small variation will cause a change in the numeric number included in the procedure name but in general it should be fairly close to the FSB database if you update it.Regarding the recent FSB AIRAC updates please see this topic:http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/viewtopic.php...ece655da38790b6Ernie provides these AIRACS at no charge. At one time he was talking to Navigraph but they could not agree on the restrictions placed on him distributing some data on his own. Search that forum for his comments. If you look at the developers agreement on Navigraph I believe it states with the contract the developer gets ONE free database to distribute with the product and I suspect but don't know the thorn is that new ones are not provided to the developer for later product builds and sales. This means for a stable product that it could be sold with a database really outdated and the user would have to have a Navigraph subscription. You can search for that thread on his forum.

You can get the list available on the route screen by clicking the dropdown andf then building. The build will expand to individual waypoints and the area can be magnified on the route map. Trial and error AFAIK.
I guess that's my problem. I'm not seeing anything now in the flight plan map window unless I autogenerate a flight plan. What tab are you on and in what section? Seems to me there was a special window that used to open that I'm not invoking correctly now, or just plain lost (although I don't see how that can be).
Regarding the recent FSB AIRAC updates please see this topic:http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/viewtopic.php...ece655da38790b6Ernie provides these AIRACS at no charge. At one time he was talking to Navigraph but they could not agree on the restrictions placed on him distributing some data on his own. Search that forum for his comments. If you look at the developers agreement on Navigraph I believe it states with the contract the developer gets ONE free database to distribute with the product and I suspect but don't know the thorn is that new ones are not provided to the developer for later product builds and sales. This means for a stable product that it could be sold with a database really outdated and the user would have to have a Navigraph subscription. You can search for that thread on his forum.
Thanks for pointing me to that thread and I was aware of that Ernie does this on his own free of charge -- I really didn't want to kvetch at him so that's why I posted the comment as an aside here at AVSIM instead of a new thread, or on his forum. With the loss of the tutorials and no replacement host site chosen, the lack of an 0908 Airac, and the fact that the entire program is getting rather long in the tooth, I just started to figure he was letting the program fade away. Again, that thread explained a lot . . .Thanks for your ongoing help!