Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

Active Camera style panning and camera views for FSX?

When I was using Active Camera for FS9, I had assigned the middle mouse button to put it in panning mode, where I can I can freely pan around and use the mouse wheel for zoom. Another middle mouse click turns it off and I can use the moue wheel to turn switches etc.Essentially the same as what can be done by pressing shift-o in FSX. Now, the mouse wheel can't be assigned to control any function and to my knowledge FSUIPC can't do that either. Anyone know of a workaround?Also, the default mouse panning function is kind of "laggy", don't know why but maybe to simulate some kind of head latency. Maybe more realistic, but annoying when it comes to using it to interface with the VC.Other thing I used to do with AC in FS9 was create different cockpit views like a landing view, instrument view and then assign those views to buttons on my joystick. How could I do something similar in FSX?I found that to be the perfect interface system in the VC and I sorely miss it now when I'm learning FSX. Ideas anyone?And please no one mention Track IR because I have tried it and it wasn't for me :(

When I was using Active Camera for FS9, I had assigned the middle mouse button to put it in panning mode, where I can I can freely pan around and use the mouse wheel for zoom. Another middle mouse click turns it off and I can use the moue wheel to turn switches etc.
I do that using X-Mouse Button Control, it's free. http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htmIt sits in the system tray and you can assign any button presses to the mouse and also have seperate configs for different programs. You just make a new profile for FSX after running it, then assign Shift O to the middle button under the 'simulated Keystrokes' in the drop down menu. Shift O turns on mouse panning in FSX.Just type {shift}o for it.The wheel zooms in and out too.

Thank you! That's a really nice utility - lean and does exactly what is says.Now if I could only get those camera views..

Guest PPSFA

FSX has a default mouse option, you can pan, tilt, zoom etc just by holding down the space bar.

Other thing I used to do with AC in FS9 was create different cockpit views like a landing view, instrument view and then assign those views to buttons on my joystick. How could I do something similar in FSX?I found that to be the perfect interface system in the VC and I sorely miss it now when I'm learning FSX. Ideas anyone?
Since the default aircraft have such custom views you CAN actually and literally copy the camera definitions from one aircraft and place them into other aircraft of your choice and then adjust the camera parameters until it is positioned and zoomed to give you exactly the view you want. There are 4 cameras assigned to hotkeys initially, but that leaves you room to add six more - making the assignment is a little tricky, as I remember, but I do recall someone posting a short tutorial on how to do the magic. Presumably, once the sim part is accomplished and the views exist and can be called up with the right key combination, those functions can then be assigned to a programmable flight stick (which I don't have.)When borrowing cameras, just insure that in any given aircraft, no two cameras have the same guid or name and that they aren't the same as any of the generic cameras in the cameras.cfg file.Loyd

Guest dswo

Gunnar Daehling has a couple of freeware programs for defining new camera views, WheelCam and FSCamera: http://www.g-daehling.de/fs2004. WheelCam has this as one of its functions; FSCamera is more specialized.