Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redvan

HDMI speed

Guest Redvan

Runnin a BFG GTX285 on my new system with a 23" LG 2ms LCD. I'm curious what speed HDMI cable I should get.I'm looking at monster cable (big fan) High Speed 700 thats rated for 10.2Gbps, which I believe is enough for PC games, however, it says it's only rated for 8bit color... I'm not sure how these specs relate to PC's.or should i just run DVI?

Runnin a BFG GTX285 on my new system with a 23" LG 2ms LCD. I'm curious what speed HDMI cable I should get.I'm looking at monster cable (big fan) High Speed 700 thats rated for 10.2Gbps, which I believe is enough for PC games, however, it says it's only rated for 8bit color... I'm not sure how these specs relate to PC's.or should i just run DVI?
Any HDMI cable will work just fine as long as they support 1.3 HDMI revision. 1.3 revision supports up to 48bit/px at 1920

Guest Redvan
Any HDMI cable will work just fine as long as they support 1.3 HDMI revision. 1.3 revision supports up to 48bit/px at 1920

One of many reasons no one should ever buy Monster cablesTo put it simply: high quality cables used to make sense back when they were analog. We're in the digital age now and video and audio are transmitted as such. There's no need for "extra precision" or "better signal quality" with digital cables. Digital signals are comprised of on and off signals. There's no in-between, no "sort of on" or "kind of off". It's 0's and 1's. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a snake oil salesman or has been mislead by one.