Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bubi42

Question for Sesquashtoo (and others!)

Hi Sesquashtoo (and all)."Rumour has it....." that you have a i975/GTX285 combination and you're happy/ecstatic with the results you're now getting in FSX.I've read your very enthusiastic reports with interest and have now got a very similar rig to yours (except not Dell) and I'm about to set FSX up on it. Here's what I'm interested to know - 1. What driver for the graphics card do you recommend?2. What resolution are you running FSX in?3. Do you have a widescreen monitor and if so, have you found a solution to the 'stretched' 2-D panel?Thanks for your (and anyone else's) advice.Toni

My journey is with a 920@4Ghz and GTX275. And yes, blissfully happy!1) 182.5 is good for me. The more recent one cause significant pauses and stutters in DX9 and texture problems on AI aircraft, but DX10 is fine. NB. This is using Win 7.2) 1680x1050 works well for me. I tried to go 2560x1600, but gave up after the frame rate was cut by a 1/3. At 1680, cpu core 0 is running at 100%. At higher, utilization drops as if the graphics card can't keep up. Having said that the graphics card is not heating up much like it's not busy either. It would be interesting to hear of others experiences.3) Always fly VC these days.RegardsSimon