Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest James451

Beach texture?

Guest James451

Hello- I want to swap out the sandy beach texture for North America in summer that follows the shore line. Can someone tell me the name of this particular texture and where it can be found. Cheers.

Hey,What FS are you using and have you searched the AVSIM Library?Ill have a search for it,Thanks,Jack McDonaldDeluxe Scenerieswww.deluxe-sceneries.yolasite.com

Hello James,In FS X, the default ocean shorelines are o_tansand_ls.bmp; this texture is in the Scenery\World\Texture directory. However, it is barely visible because of a small default width, so perhaps you are still working with FS 9 where the shorelines were wider and more visible.In FS 9, the shoreline textures are in the same folder, and you might be looking for the tan sand texture.Best regards.Luis

Guest James451

Thanks for your replies. Here is a pic of what I am talking about. I am using VOZ 1.8 north textures worldwide in FS9 and they look great except for the beaches in USA. Luis that texture file is not in the voz back-up and I think now the shore is OK it is a rock texture next to it thats the reddish colour. Could this be a seperate texture? The tanrock and tansand textures in my current World/scenery/texture all look OK. Thanks.

It looks to me that if you are using the default terrain files for that area, the shoreline is calling for texture "1068" lake / bank / perennial, which in my terrain.cfg calls for l_tanrock_ns.bmp. It could be that VOZ changes the terrain.cfg entry for 1068 to something else?scott s..