Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest MILman

Texture Troubles(?)

Guest MILman

Hello Everyone,This is my first post on this forum, so just to make sure no one is offended by my username, "MIL" = MILITARY.Please note that I am NOT an actual Soldier, just one at heart. (FYI: Male, 27, Currently living in Michigan but Moving to Yuma, AZ soon).With that out of the way, my question for the group is a simple one...I tried to add a U.S Airways Livery to the Default (Fs2004) Boeing 737-400. Unfortunately, I copied it over American Pacific's Livery during installation, so when I removed USAIR's Livery, I lost American Pacific's as well. (Aircraft appears as blank white but retains the shape of 737).Can anyone give me some advice as to restoring these files without having to do a reinstall from scratch?Thanks, :( Milman. :(

Follow this procedure.Put FS9 disc#1 in your CD driveWhen the autorun install screen comes up, click on the X to close it.Right click on the Start button and select "explore".On the left pane of Windows Explorer click on FS_DISC1On the right pane double click on MSGAME1.CABThis should open a window displaying it's contents.open aircraft, b737_400, then right click on the folder labeled "Texture". Not any of the folders labeled "texture.n"Select "extract" and send it to your desktop, then copy it into your FS folder.Hope this is not too simplistic, I do not know how computer savvy you are.Joe

Guest MILman
Follow this procedure.Put FS9 disc#1 in your CD driveWhen the autorun install screen comes up, click on the X to close it.Right click on the Start button and select "explore".On the left pane of Windows Explorer click on FS_DISC1On the right pane double click on MSGAME1.CABThis should open a window displaying it's contents.open aircraft, b737_400, then right click on the folder labeled "Texture". Not any of the folders labeled "texture.n"Select "extract" and send it to your desktop, then copy it into your FS folder.Hope this is not too simplistic, I do not know how computer savvy you are.Joe
Read ya 5-by-5 Joe,I had a 'Feelin that was the only way to do it. Nobody uploads what everyone else already has :(.