Sign in to follow this  
Guest eddr

Photo-Scenery questions (FS earth tiles)

Guest eddr

Hi,right now, I am doing some experiments with FS earth tiles. I created an experimental scenery for EBOS (Ostend) airport area. So far, so good, everything appears in FSX.The "problem" is, that the scenery is "rectangular" and does not integrate so nice in FSX default landscape, the borders are to obvious.I would like to "cut out" the scenery following some roads, fields etc. so it looks smoother. In the "work" folder of FS earth tiles are two textures: the normal aerial image and the same but in pink/violet color. I tried to add transperency with GIMP, but I do not know exactly how and on which of both image I have to work. I cannot find any other textures that FS earth tiles has created. My paint-experiments (black, white, transparency...) in the textures show no effect in FSX. The scenery remains rectangular.Is there any simple solution how to solve this problem?

Guest hpcpro
might wanna try askin over at the fsdevelopers forums
I only know do it compiling for Fs2004(works on FSX). I think you can compile it in a superior resolution than habitual FS2004 to use it later on a FSX. Then with DXTBmp at menu menu export channel alpha to editor(mspaint selected).MsPaint will open.

Hi eddr,go with the tutorial as Luis proposed. Generate with SbulderX a bmp file of the area you want to have. Now open with the GIMP the image and tailor it with your paint tools. Means, draw all parts in white (255,255,255) you want NOT to see. So you can built your smooth borders. Complete your white panting and generate your bgl. In order to make your work easier, you can/should rename your image getting rid of the large number. Make sure that you now use this new name in your compile process.Dietmar