Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Padgett

Rotating Radar

I recently saw a topic from someone who said they no longer have rotating radars in FSX. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I got to wondering if there ever were rotating radar's in FSX.So are they supposed to rotate? If so how do I make them.. I have scenery special effects detail set to high with no rotating radars..Perhaps it is airport specific...

I recently saw a topic from someone who said they no longer have rotating radars in FSX. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I got to wondering if there ever were rotating radar's in FSX.So are they supposed to rotate? If so how do I make them.. I have scenery special effects detail set to high with no rotating radars..Perhaps it is airport specific...
They are not rotating in FSX : none of them. They never rotated. An error/omission in the original code and nobody seemed to care. I advised MS a number of times in the beta stage.But they rotate in FS9.Solution: add rotating radars (here in the Avsim library) to your pref airports.Pierre

That must be where I remember them rotating from *FS9* .Interesting that they would not carry that one forward... although if it has taken me this long to really notice it can't be a big show stopper for me..