Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

DBS Walk and Follow: How about it?

In FS2004, I used Activecamera to move the camera around, make screenshots of specific stuff both inside and outside the aircraft. I needed this for the reviews I write. In FSX, AC doesn't seem to work (there is no FSX version, anyway). I heard of DBS Walk and Follow, which should do largely the stuff that AC does. On the other hand, it's not exactly cheap, and I was wondering what people think about it before I buy it. So, what are your opinions on this program? I did read the review here at Avsim, but it's a rather old review. i would like opinions on the current version and the use of it in FSX.What I basically need is a way to move the camera around, both in internal and external view modes. If somebody has an alternative program that works in FSX and does this stuff reliably and is cheaper or free, don't hesitate to mention it ;-)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Not sure that DBS W&F has infact been updated since that review...?It works as it says on the box, however, it is not possible to make really fine movements with it which makes it much better suited to exterior custom angle shots where that kind of precision is not needed. Inside the VC just stick with moving your viewpoint around to where you want it.It ceratinly could do with a fair bit of polish but overall it was a good enough investment as I actually use it fairly often.Are there any alternatives out there to DBS W&F for FSX? I am not aware of any which are actually available to buy (there is one or two in development somewhere I think).

Konrad

Wow, yes, that looks a gazillion times better! I wish there was something of a release date though. What can I do? I'll sit it out. But I'm not going to buy the DSB tool. This other tool looks so much better and gives you a lot more.Thanks for the help guys!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

DBS is a waste of time in FSX if you ask me, its very poorly implemented and I stopped using it after a couple of days, its now disabled on my system so as to not waste resources or tie up key definitions unnecessarily.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest ightenhill

In the mean time just downlpad X Mouse for free and assign the middle button to take over from holding space down so you can look about freely in a VC with one hand..

Hi All,Can anyone explain how to set up a camera in "Follow" mode. which is attached to the aircraft.The user manual is almost useless. Thanks in advance for any help.Eisbahn

Hi All,Can anyone explain how to set up a camera in "Follow" mode. which is attached to the aircraft.The user manual is almost useless. Thanks in advance for any help.Eisbahn
If i remember right, you can enter the follow mode from the "aircraft views"...

You should try the new version of fsrecorder. It's free and offers the possibility to create, edit, save and load multiple views for FSX on the fly without having to reload fsx. You can move the views with the default key combinations like ctrl+enter, ctrl+backspace etc.Regards, Andreas

You should try the new version of fsrecorder. It's free and offers the possibility to create, edit, save and load multiple views for FSX on the fly without having to reload fsx. You can move the views with the default key combinations like ctrl+enter, ctrl+backspace etc.Regards, Andreas
Thanks Andreas,I have tried the latest beta version and it works fine.Eisbahn