Sign in to follow this  
Jetstar2

Squawkbox 3.24 Multiplayer

Hello, I recently reinstalled Fly! II (I still think it has the best aircraft panels of any sim) and I have been trying to get Squawkbox 3.24 working with multiplayer. I am having a problem where Squawkbox constantly crashes whenever I try to run multiplayer mode at 5 nm radius. I did check the AI aircraft listing and downloaded and installed all of the required aircraft with the exception of the Lufthansa/Air One 737. The zip file for it on AVSIM is corrupt... I ended up modifying some of the .sbx files that used the above mentioned 737 to different .nfo files. Everything else in the sim works great, so I don't think it is config error. I can run 3.24 just fine without multiplayer, I only have the problem with multiplayer. Interestingly I can run Squawkbox 3.0 just fine with multiplayer (but I don't get real weather like I do with 3.24). I'm guessing some of the .sbx files point to the wrong .nfo files in 3.24. Has anyone had any luck running Sqauwkbox 3.24 with multiplayer? Robert Williamson

Hello, I recently reinstalled Fly! II (I still think it has the best aircraft panels of any sim) and I have been trying to get Squawkbox 3.24 working with multiplayer. I am having a problem where Squawkbox constantly crashes whenever I try to run multiplayer mode at 5 nm radius. I did check the AI aircraft listing and downloaded and installed all of the required aircraft with the exception of the Lufthansa/Air One 737. The zip file for it on AVSIM is corrupt... I ended up modifying some of the .sbx files that used the above mentioned 737 to different .nfo files. Everything else in the sim works great, so I don't think it is config error. I can run 3.24 just fine without multiplayer, I only have the problem with multiplayer. Interestingly I can run Squawkbox 3.0 just fine with multiplayer (but I don't get real weather like I do with 3.24). I'm guessing some of the .sbx files point to the wrong .nfo files in 3.24. Has anyone had any luck running Sqauwkbox 3.24 with multiplayer? Robert Williamson
Hi Robert, I myself do not use Squawkbox, but in looking over the Read-me file, here are a couple things to double check with your system:------------------ Known problems ------------------ Hosting POTW session behind a firewall device or external router : ------------------------------------------------------------------ If you use one of these device, other peers can encounter some problems while trying to reach your hosted session. The port number used by the host peer is always '7463'. So you need to allow external input through this port number inyou external devices and firewall. Refer to you device documentation for a correct setup. Transponder issues : -------------------- - When you load a new aircraft after connection, you may find that transponder mode detection by SB does not work anymore (always in StandBy mode - The cause of this has not been determined). So, to avoid this problem, please load the desired aircraft before connection, or disconnect/reconnect after loading a new one. Now, they also say you must have all the aircraft listed for AI, so if it is asking for the AirOne B737 to be included as an AI aircraft, then I will assume you must have it. PM me and I can try to help you get a non-corrupt version, OR you can try this: You might be able to look in the listingof *.nfo files in the aircraft folder and delete the one referencing the AirOne model. That may not work, as it could be something they "hard-coded" into the program itself. But from what I see in the read-me, 3.24 worked for the Beta Testers, and ROTW folk will not release something that doesn't work well enough against their high standards. You might visit their website (there is an English version, though the forums are a little trickier). You do have to join (it is free) to post in the forums. BUt they have a lot of good things at their site. The Airone file is accompanied by a Lufthansa B737 paint, and that too, may be required in the AI listing. So it may be that one just has to have all the planes they list for AI available before the program will function properly in Multi-player mode. Again, Prvt Msg me and I will see if I can help get you the AC file. Am sure Giorgio Gnesda would not mind my helping you on this. :( Also, if you have not yet done so, pop in to the File Library forum and report the file in the library as being corrupt. That will help them see if they can salvage it. I would suggest sending the filename / author's name and if possible - the file ID number associated with the file library (i.e. Fly II aircraft, <fn>.zip, author name). SOmething along those lines would help them immensely!Thanks for popping in again! And hope I've helped a little!ROTW Site:http://fly.simvol.org/indexus.php Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Reantwist

I am new to the game and have only played multiplayer once but for some reason now the game will shut down when it is trying to load the track. It was happening on multiplayer and a regular race, but now it only happens in multiplayer mode. Please let me know if there is a way to fix it.Thanks