Sign in to follow this  
Ben Johnson

Fly! II and Windows 7

Fellow Fly!ers - Anyone try Fly!II with Windows 7? If yes, what is your experience?Regards,Bob L.
Hey Bob,Know this is a late answer to your question - but I only recently upgraded to a new computer that came with Win7. Fly!II does work with it, though I have the minor problem when exiting the sim. Since this computer comes with an ATI 4650 1GB vid card, I have excellent FPS, and the FSImport sceneries work, as do TerraScene sceneries. This is a laptop, so I've not installed TerraScene or Terra Models yet. Does seem most things you will need to run as Administrator (and that can be confusing at times), much like if one had upgraded to Vista. I find the file layout scheme to be a bit different than Xp, which makes finding the right places to put my bookmarks and such a pain. But overall, I'd say the OS is decent. I would suggest NOT getting 64-bit OS, as it seems to dislike allowing me to change things even as administrator for X86 programs (32-bit)... for example - I do have MSFS X - and it just will not allow me to add scenery areas in the scenery library. And here I thought FS X would be more compatible with Win7 <hehehehe>...Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest chezz123
Fellow Fly!ers - Anyone try Fly!II with Windows 7? If yes, what is your experience?Regards,Bob L.
Hi Bob,I am using Windows 7 64 bit with no issues. I still have the usual blurries though but otherwise FPS is on the 60's up :)chris_CA