Sign in to follow this  
gdr

Aircraft Carrier AI?

Hello again.OK..I tried to use the search window but it does not allow a two letter entry...(Carrier AI)I have AFcad2 and Ttools and the Dolittle scenery. I would like to do F4F4 TNG to each carrier.I know how to add AI to land airports and gate assignments.Thanks

Hello again.OK..I tried to use the search window but it does not allow a two letter entry...(Carrier AI)I have AFcad2 and Ttools and the Dolittle scenery. I would like to do F4F4 TNG to each carrier.I know how to add AI to land airports and gate assignments.Thanks
The process is a bit tricky but it can be done -Basically you create a ficticious "airport" (using a unique ICAO code) in the shape of the carrier and at the deck elevation. It will be necessary to "flatten" the water around the carrier also. This file will illustrate some of the principles involved.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=120508I have done this several times but have never used a jet aircraft for the T and G's - always limited my experiments to AI choppers so have no idea if a T and G on a carrier with the aircraft you purpose to use will work or not.If you need help, my e-mail address is in the file I linked to.Good luck. :(

The process is a bit tricky but it can be done -Basically you create a ficticious "airport" (using a unique ICAO code) in the shape of the carrier and at the deck elevation. It will be necessary to "flatten" the water around the carrier also. This file will illustrate some of the principles involved.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=120508I have done this several times but have never used a jet aircraft for the T and G's - always limited my experiments to AI choppers so have no idea if a T and G on a carrier with the aircraft you purpose to use will work or not.If you need help, my e-mail address is in the file I linked to.Good luck. :(
OK..Thanks..will do this wkend by the way F4F4 is WW2 I forgot the Wildcat part.AH..can TNG be to and from same airpoart?Gerry

OK..Thanks..will do this wkend by the way F4F4 is WW2 I forgot the Wildcat part.AH..can TNG be to and from same airpoart?Gerry
In this case probably not, as the "airport" in question would be the carrier. I usually start my T and G flight which involves a carrier from a nearby land based airport and then setup the T and G for an hour or so at the carrier and then have the aircraft return to the land based airport. It is not difficult to do.Normally you can use the same airport but in this case we are dealing with a relatively short runway on the carrier and that has limitations.