Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

737 FS Build Planning

Finally got FS Build to work with ASv6. How to you work out the values to put in the fuel planning page on FS Build for the 737NG? Taxi would be about 15 mins I guess, but how about Alternate, Hold and Extra? How do you know what to put for Alternate? For example I have my alt at 157nm from arrival airport. How do I know what value to enter as I don't think you can just put in the distance.Andy S

Hold, taxi and extra are contingencies. How much to add depends on weather and trip distance. Maybe 10%.Alternate fuel is considered fuel required to fly to alternate, you can use the fuel charts in the cruise section of the manual.There is a FSBuild forum, if you have questions on how to use that application you might check there.

Dan Downs KCRP

Finally got FS Build to work with ASv6. How to you work out the values to put in the fuel planning page on FS Build for the 737NG? Taxi would be about 15 mins I guess, but how about Alternate, Hold and Extra? How do you know what to put for Alternate? For example I have my alt at 157nm from arrival airport. How do I know what value to enter as I don't think you can just put in the distance.Andy S
After about 500 hours on the B737, as a rule of thumb for flight planning 3300kg/hour for the flight fuel - including the time interval to an alternate, 2400kg for the fixed reserve, 500-1000kg for taxiing depending on the traffic at a given airport and taxi distances and 2000kg/hr for holding (traffic/weather). Some countries require an additional variable reserve for turbine aircraft that is 15% of the total flight time. This all works for me and I have found it fairly accurate. Hope that helps.Neil Bradley