Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

PMDG 737 ILS tuning

After nearly 5 years experience with the PMDG 737 I have another first -on my last two flights into KRNO and KBOI the ILS will not tune - first I thought that the freq is not correct in the database, but at leastin BOI the freq was correct.Any ideas what I am doing wrong - since more than 200 approaches with ILS tuning - now this . . .Apparently I switched off/on (?) something . . .Any help appreciated - don't be angry with me if I don't answer - I am out of town next week . . .

Karl: When you come back provide a little more info... such as the specific approach and ILS freq that you tune at KRNO or KBOI. I assume you are setting both Nav1 & 2.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Danyes I tune both - but I think its an old databaseApproach to TXL was OK as usualNow I am off to a cruise from BCN thru the med sea

Here's a little test to check the ILS frequency at specific airports, courtesy of Peter Dowson. It is free and does not require FSUIPC.Go to:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmland download makerwys. Install makerwys.exe in your FS folder. Run it and wait a few minutes. If in Vista you might have to run it as an admin. If you have Radar Contact or something else that uses it run it from that add-on.It will create an r5.csv. Open it in Notepad. Search for any airport in question. Each runway contains a row. runway numbers have one character added to indicate no parallel (0), left (1), right (2), center (3). The eighth field has the localizer frequency plus characters added for (G)lideslope, (D)ME, and 'B' for something else. There is a readme that comes with makerwys that explains those rows.If you have add-on scenery sometimes this utility may give its AFCAD type file an incorrect priority. It also creates a large file called runways.txt in your FS folder which is a log of the actions of makerwys. Each airport has a section first for the default, then for additional afd (afcad type) property files so if a you have an add-on there will be additional sections, the last section contributing to the r5.csv database.I mention this method since it works in FSX and FS9.The frequencies listed are derived from your scenery which is what your nav equipment must be tuned to in order to get the correct localizer. See if these are the frequencies you are tuning to.FS9 users can also use AFCAD 221. Open the airport in it, select the dominant (top) layer, on the menu choose lists, navaids, and you'll get the navaid listed by runway.