Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seria17hri11er

FSX MD-11 Autoflight

But my understanding is that as soon as the A/P disconnect button is pressed, the A/P servos disconnect and the second press only silences the warnings. So, how does this button temporarily disable LSAS? Do I need to keep the button pressed for a longer period so A/T doesn't switch off after release?Andreas

But my understanding is that as soon as the A/P disconnect button is pressed, the A/P servos disconnect and the second press only silences the warnings. So, how does this button temporarily disable LSAS? Do I need to keep the button pressed for a longer period so A/T doesn't switch off after release?
Andreas,once the AP is off, press and hold the AP disconnect button. This will disable LSAS as long as you keep the button pressed and the box in the FMA will turn amber. This will not affect ATS at all, it can be on or off, whatever you like.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Thank you very much Markus! The LSAS sensitivity slider did the trick! And, I learned more about the MD-11. If you hold down the disconnect button it disables LSAS. Thank you so much!-Nick Mathews
Sorry i bring this old thread up but i got the same problem. Do you set the The LSAS sensitivity slider to Light or Heavy? Thanks,Sergio Milano

Sergio, each setup is different. Markus recommend that it be 'played with' to find the right setting.

Dan Downs KCRP

ok i try alot since last week and nothin seems to work. First Flight from EDDF to LHBP no Problem with die LSAS system at all. just a little bit of this "cant hold heading problem" refuel in LHBP and make a new Flightplan to LIPZ and just after Takeoff the same problem. LSAS override the elevatorcontrols (LSAS sensitivity slider at heavy) :( its very sad. Turn off LSAS is not Realistic and no solution for me. Level D 767 ist now the only plane i can use. The "11" and the Queen are such nice Airplanes i dont like to see them rotten in my hangergreez,Sergio