Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

FS2002 Multiplayer problem :-(

Hi there,out of the blue my flightsim doens't want to run multiplayer/squawkbox anymore. Here's the error message I'm getting:AppName: fs2002.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.10919 ModName: cslsp.dllModVer: 1.0.1040.1 Offset: 00007c6bI know how to set it up (including all the SB stuff), problem is I can't even get that far any more. This error occurs whenever I select >multiplayer; then I click on "open multiplayer session" and as soon as I click on "host" FS2002 crashes with the above mentioned error message.It worked fine until last weekend. The only thing I installed new was roger wilco. I've found that roughly 2 of 20 tries to establish a multiplayer session are successful. Totally weird, I also found that this file "cslsp.dll" is associated with McAfee!I've already tried uninstalling McAfee to see if that's causing it but then problems get even stranger and after uninstall I loose my internet connection completely (cable modem).I'm at a total loss, I'd appreciate any help.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXPhome(SP1),DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I haven't had the problem nor do I run McAfee but knowing how some AV s/ware integrates with the system I would ask the question 'Are you sure McAfee was completely uninstalled?'But before doing that I would check that virus definition files are up to date and scan the system for viruses.Hopefully someone with more expert knowledge will post a better solution ;-)Rgds

Vulcan,thanks for your help. I just updated to the latest virus definition file and a scan came back negative, no viruses.I also ran adaware to make sure no spyware is running and that came back negative as well. Any other ideas?Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

Pete,I had assumed that McAfee is just AV s/ware, is this the case or is it a firewall as well?If the latter then *could* explain your inability to access the net after uninstalling McAfee.I suggest searching the Net for cslsp.dll, it comes up with quite a number of results, the link below might offer some helphttp://www.nocrash.com/ncbbs/msgs/1138.shtmlIf you can uninstall McAfee and get your Net connection back it may be worth ditching McAfee and looking at another AV s/ware.I use Grisoft's AVG which is free and I have had no problems with it.Best of luck.