Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Anyone using Windows 7 Prof x64 with the

I was thinking of getting W7Pro64 but am a bit leary as to how much software and hardware that I have that will not work.I am currently using FSX(sp2), CoD4 and Fear2.

I was thinking of getting W7Pro64 but am a bit leary as to how much software and hardware that I have that will not work.I am currently using FSX(sp2), CoD4 and Fear2.
Does Win 7 Home qualify? If so I've seen no issues so far.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (x64). I have both FSX (w/Acceleration) and Fear 2 running on it with no problems. Additional games that I have working as well are: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, X3 Terran Conflict and Crysis.

Guest FlightLevel380

I installed Windows 7 64bit Pro over the weekend.Installed FSX w/ Acceleration no problem!Installed addons like PMDG, Aerosoft, Wilco, FSGenesis, Ultimate Terrain, Carenado, Blueprint Simulation, AI traffic, Nhancer for Nvidia card, and had no issues except you may have to direct some of the installers to the new directory (eg:program files X86)Having a small issue with Radar Contact, downloading some .dll files and starting with admin permission may have fixed it.Also installed Battlefield 2, Special Forces, and POE2. Seems to have worked on installation but crashes now that I updated to 1.5There's some fixes for that I may look tonight, Punkbuster fix. Also try to run as administrator. Also saw many others running COD but may need some fixes, they're out there! Shouldn't be that much of an issue. I'll tell you though, FSX looks and runs sick on 64bits. no more OOM, at least not yet and I've been pushing it over dense scenery and dense traffic.Mike

Well I did it, installed W7Pro64. Now my Thrustmaster Cougar doesn't work. lol I contacted TM and they said they where working on an x64 driver. Who knows when that will be available?!Anyway tried tricking the system but still my Cougar won't work. So I am using an old trusty Logitech. CoD4 and Mass Effect work just fine. PB works ok too. Didn't do anything special to make them work other than having to use nHancer go get good AA in Mass Effect. As far as FSX is concerned it locks up my system once in a while which seems to be related to overclocking. But I do like W7.Woops should mention, TM stated that the Cougar works in Windows 7 32bit.

I was able to get my Cougar to work by using the Vista x64 driver and running with 'Vista SP2 compatiblity' and as 'Administrator'. Whewwwww!