Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milamber

San Diego in FS2004

Guest Milamber

Does anybody know if San Diego will be improved in the final release of FS2004. I heard that the Coronado bridge and Sea World tower is missing and they haven't added much else besides some boats in the water. If this is true it bites!

Guest Lobaeux4

Doesn't bite actually. I think some freeware developer of Simflyer's could do a much better job than MS could do. I think we'll see a KSAN after awhile, it (along with KDCA) are probably the trickiest, major airport, approach there is.Lobaeux

Guest Milamber

Yes but I yet to see any real freeware updates to San Diego in either fs2000 or 2002 so I won't hold my breath. I did finally see one addon to the airport but not for the city itself. But now from what I heard MS took out the Coronado bridge. That bridge I think is rated one of the top 10 most famous bridges in the U.S. I went to Law School in San Diego and that bridge along with the rest of the city make for an impressive skyline. MS has always cheaped on it but they could of at least kept it the same as previous versions. I do hope that some talented scenry designer does an addon.

Guest ba747heavy

I am curious, do any of you in this thread have FS2K4 on your computer? I doubt it. So my question to you is this: Why are you bashing a sim that you don't even have!?!?!

Guest Milamber

Who's Bashing? I find it most curious that when somebody says anything about the flight sim that they hoped would be in there you claim they are bashing it? And I do know somebody who had it which is where my info came from. Although for all I know they have added some of what was missing back in for the final release. I personally hope so. But San Diego has been lacking in all previous releases and it still looks to be so. If my saying this is bashing the sim according to you then so be it! Personally I am eagerly awaiting the official release of the sim and believe I will like it tremendously overall. But I stand by my statements about SD. You don't like me saying that....tough :)

Guest ba747heavy

>>Who's Bashing?You, and perhaps some other people in the future will join this thread and bash as well.>I find it most curious that when somebody says>anything about the flight sim that they hoped would be in>there you claim they are bashing it?I can't honetsly remember another thread where I claimed someone else was bashing FS2k4. So I fail to understand this comment and its relevance. I am going to assume that you mean the 'anti-basher crowd' of which I am a part of.

Guest Milamber

Grow up already. My orginal post was for some more info on the quality of SD becuase I'm not sure what at what program level my source experienced the sim at...IE if it was the final code or not. So I was hoping to clear that up. Again I am not bashing the sim so you can quit saying I am. But I have the right to say what I wish was done better or included as does anybody else. There is no way that MS can please everybody and I don't expect them to. But I can voice my particular wants and desires. You are not the god or king of this community.

>You, and perhaps some other people in the future will join>this thread and bash as well.You are just one of those 'other' people who maybe is not bashing FS2004 but is bashing others ...>So I fail to understand this>comment and its relevance. And I fail to understand you or relevance of your posts here. I don't see anyone 'bashing' here and you clearly are overly sensitive. Have something meaningful to contribute - do it but otherwise stop 'bashing' folks who are engaged in simple FS2004 feature-discussion. Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

I think it looks pretty good and I grew up there.The Coronado bridge and Sea World tower is missing-and can be easily added by someone else.I actually have never judged scenery by added 3d objects which to me look a little cartoony. With the new autogen, water, and textures it looks very much like when I have flown over it.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest Milamber

Well I'm glad you say it looks pretty good overall...So it is true that the bridge is still out though? Well I still hope that somebody puts it back in and I look forward to seeing what you say looks good. Also I still hold out hope that somebody will do a make-over of the default buildings. SD has some of the prettiest buildings in the U.S. in my opinion.