Sign in to follow this  

Fs2004 Radar ,Video 1.13mb

Hi, Fs2004 Radar Video 1.13mb, sorry for the compression video, it appears much better in front of your screen.Radarhttp://fsw.simflight.com/fs2k4/radar.wmvStratus CloudsStratus Videohttp://fsw.simflight.com/fs2k4/fs2004%20stratus.wmvBridge, tower in fs2004 have been improved all of them, taxi way are round and blend to the gound texture. 20 x of more taxiway texture in fs2004BTW I am already doing fs sky world 2004 and many others thingsThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Wills402

Thank You very much Chris! I look forward to any contributions you will make in FSCOF because you have certainly increased my enjoyment of FS2002 with your beautiful clouds.William

Sure hope you can whip up some magic like you did for FS2k2. Cause we are going to need it unfortunately. ;( I was disappointed to see in even MS's own Thunderstorm theme, the cloud tops only go to 14,000 feet! Ugh, with bases that were 4900(if I'm remembering correctly), that only leaves 9,000 feet worth of thunderstorm. Don't know about you, but a 14,000 foot topped thunderstorm doesn't scare me. Even trying to fly around some real world weather haven't see any 'towering cumulonimbus'. And have seen 2k4 projecting lightning out of the tiniest of cumulus clouds. :( And its a shame that the "quick change" visibility & precipitation is still there. But I guess there is only so much you can do using METAR information.No doubt the weather features are MUCH improved over 2k2, but still lots of room for improvement.

Chris,Just read in another forum that the AI turn the landing lights on when cleared for take off and turn them off when they clear the active. Does the Ai do that with the strobes and if not do you think by looking at some of the config files that someone could make it so the ai planes do that? Also since your making videos any chance of seeing the airport beacon (green&white) in work from the ground and sky at night just to see how well it looks since its new too?Many thanksKil~

Hi, "I was disappointed to see in even MS's own Thunderstorm theme, the cloud tops only go to 14,000 feet! Ugh,"""It can go up to 20 000 by default, probably much higher available capability...""Even trying to fly around some real world weather haven't see any 'towering cumulonimbus'.""" Because thise it produce on specefic moments""And have seen 2k4 projecting lightning out of the tiniest of cumulus clouds. "No it came only from thunderstorm""quick change" visibility & precipitation "I am wonder what's you are talking, you can reproduce much much better visibility rendering in fs2004...ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

>Hi,> "I was disappointed to see in even MS's own Thunderstorm>theme, the cloud tops only go to 14,000 feet! Ugh,""">>It can go up to 20 000 by default, probably much higher >available capability...I tried stretching clouds up to 30,000+ feet and they wouldn't go. Even after speeding up sim rate to see if they could climb that high over time. And flying into some real world weather as of late, while also checking the METAR via the web too. FS2k4 seems to ignore 'towering cumulonimbus' comments in METARs. While the layers matched up pretty well, FS2k4 seemed to be having a hard time getting layers going about 12-16,000 feet. Of course there is the possiblity that wxRE v2.0 will help in these situations, it certainly seemed to help in fs2k2.>""Even trying to fly around some real world weather haven't>see any 'towering cumulonimbus'.""" >>Because thise it produce on specefic moments>See above;Another thing I noticed while watching the weather info it was pulling down, and comparing it to NOAA's METAR listings I saw quite a few dropped cloud layers. As example, FS would use Few @ 3500, Scattered @ 4700. But it would missing the Overcast @ 6000. It would still use the precipation(if there was some falling), but it does make for a visual difference if it were to drop the overcast layer. As you would see rain coming from a Few & Scattered layers. But even if you added the Few & Scattered layers together that still gets you less than a broken/overcast that is more visually 'realistic' as far as seeing precip fall.>""And have seen 2k4 projecting lightning out of the tiniest of>cumulus clouds. ">>No it came only from thunderstormYes, you are right. The cloud listed in the weather options was "thunderstorm" but the tops weren't the height you'd think you would be seeing. >""quick change" visibility & precipitation ">>>I am wonder what's you are talking, you can reproduce much>much better visibility rendering in fs2004...What I saw probably had to do with non-updated stations. Flying along the Gulf of Mexico coast thru what was left of Tropical Storm Bill, there was atleast 3-4 times where visability would drop to 3 miles or less in a flash. But you wouldn't see it coming, you know it not like you were flying into a cloud bank you saw coming from 20-50 miles away. This was like what 2k2 would do, just POP from one weather station report to another and not have any transition. I was hoping that fs2k4 could recognize a non updated station and either not use that info or transition it to blend in with the surrounding stations.