Sign in to follow this  
Guest cpike

Error 713

Guest cpike

Anyone have any suggestions on this, I use FSX with the acceleration add-on? The Error comes up when loading in a FSX generated flight-plan.

Run-time error '713':Class not registered.You need the following file to be installed on your machine.MSSTDFMT.DLL
I just re-installed vista onto C (I'm different and run my OS on C and the rest of the files on my larger D drive, so it's backwards). So I don't know if that would make a difference. As far as other add-ons I also just installed REX2 and FSPassengers, which run fine. I've tried re-installing RC a few times, but to know avail.Thanks for the help.

Anyone have any suggestions on this, I use FSX with the acceleration add-on? The Error comes up when loading in a FSX generated flight-plan.I just re-installed vista onto C (I'm different and run my OS on C and the rest of the files on my larger D drive, so it's backwards). So I don't know if that would make a difference. As far as other add-ons I also just installed REX2 and FSPassengers, which run fine. I've tried re-installing RC a few times, but to know avail.Thanks for the help.
http://www.jdtllc.com/faq.htm#29

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply. The obviousness of the fix, seems to explain the lack for forum postings.
i think if you searched on 713 you would have found the faq link.

Dumb folow on question John, I'm not having any problems with RC, but would like to ask. In looking at the FAQ from your link, I see several mentions of "system 32". I have Vista 64 installed, would I therefore enter "system 64"?

Dumb folow on question John, I'm not having any problems with RC, but would like to ask. In looking at the FAQ from your link, I see several mentions of "system 32". I have Vista 64 installed, would I therefore enter "system 64"?
closethe .dll goes into the \syswow64 directory of \windowsthe dos prompt, run as administrator, would be run in the \syswow64 directory.jd

If, after all this, you get Error Code 0x8002801c (Vista and Win 7), here is the fix.....Try running regsvr32 from a cmd.exe which you started as admin: create a shortcut to cmd.exe and right click the shortcut. You should find an entry Run as Admin in the context menu.Took a couple of minutes, but good to go now. Apparently, good old User Account Control gets in the way of regsvr32.