Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FTD1949

FSX Win7 64 bit and DX 11

Hi All, I just ran across this blog and thought others might like to read it re: DX10 -11. http://davenunez.wordpress.com/2009/02/01/...x-in-dx10-mode/ I just rebuilt my machine 10 days ago and am amazed at how good FSX runs without the need for overclocking using a Core I7-860. I was running a Core2Duo E6850 overclocked to 3.6 prior to the new build. After reading the blog I went home last night and checked the DX 10 preview box and restarted FSX. I have the following setting: Graphics Section: Framerate: Unlimited Global Texture-Max Trilinear +Antialiasing Preview Direct10X Lens Flare Light Bloom Advanced AnimationsScenery: LOD max Mesh 100 Mesh Res 10M Texture Res 1M Water Effects High 2x Scenery Complexity Full Autogen 3/4 (Im not a big fan of Autogen) usually dont use it at all Ground Scenery Shadows none Special Effects maxWeather Clouds at halfTraffic None At this point I am waiting for Ultimate Traffic 2 to arrive as it is compatible with DX10-11. I had My TrafficX prior to reinsalling FSX on the new system. FSX Traffic is not even worth trying compared to TrafficX and UT2 I tested at KLAX and KJFK with the LDS 767 and found everything to be smooth no matter what the framerate. Lowest I saw with these settings and Level D was in the high teens. I am currently using an EVGA GTX 250 which is DX10 and 11 compliant. WinXP 64 is using DX 11 (at least on my install) I know there will be naysayers but so be it. Enabling DX 10 in FSX is well worth it as far as I'm concerned. I encourage folks to give it a try. Craig

Hi All, I just ran across this blog and thought others might like to read it re: DX10 -11. http://davenunez.wordpress.com/2009/02/01/...x-in-dx10-mode/ I just rebuilt my machine 10 days ago and am amazed at how good FSX runs without the need for overclocking using a Core I7-860. I was running a Core2Duo E6850 overclocked to 3.6 prior to the new build. After reading the blog I went home last night and checked the DX 10 preview box and restarted FSX. I have the following setting: Graphics Section: Framerate: Unlimited Global Texture-Max Trilinear +Antialiasing Preview Direct10X Lens Flare Light Bloom Advanced AnimationsScenery: LOD max Mesh 100 Mesh Res 10M Texture Res 1M Water Effects High 2x Scenery Complexity Full Autogen 3/4 (Im not a big fan of Autogen) usually dont use it at all Ground Scenery Shadows none Special Effects maxWeather Clouds at halfTraffic None At this point I am waiting for Ultimate Traffic 2 to arrive as it is compatible with DX10-11. I had My TrafficX prior to reinsalling FSX on the new system. FSX Traffic is not even worth trying compared to TrafficX and UT2 I tested at KLAX and KJFK with the LDS 767 and found everything to be smooth no matter what the framerate. Lowest I saw with these settings and Level D was in the high teens. I am currently using an EVGA GTX 250 which is DX10 and 11 compliant. WinXP 64 is using DX 11 (at least on my install) I know there will be naysayers but so be it. Enabling DX 10 in FSX is well worth it as far as I'm concerned. I encourage folks to give it a try. Craig
Do you see the graphics glitches on the runways where taxiways intersect? I agree DX10 is faster but the bugs for me are the main reason why I dont use it