Sign in to follow this  
htfc

Proposal to upload fixed fleet cockpits to Filefront

Following on from the 'garbled cockpit display with Nvidia cards' issue , does anybody have any views on me uploading the aircraft files I've altered to Filefront.Chris Low took the trouble to do this after fixing the 'one pixel' problem in FU3 aircraft [ see previous thread ].I spent a rainy afternoon altering the cockpit recs of all the default aircraft plus several add-ons [ some 30 in total].Whilst this was a straightforward operation [ thanks to Hans Petter and Chris ], there may be users who cannot alter their aircraft for whatever reason.I understand that Gideon Pertzov's Cockpit Designer is currently unavailable in the library, and this is of course essential to alter the recs.I can't see that there would be any copyright issues, for the reasons outlined in the earlier thread.Regards to all..............Stuart :(

Following on from the 'garbled cockpit display with Nvidia cards' issue , does anybody have any views on me uploading the aircraft files I've altered to Filefront.Chris Low took the trouble to do this after fixing the 'one pixel' problem in FU3 aircraft [ see previous thread ].I spent a rainy afternoon altering the cockpit recs of all the default aircraft plus several add-ons [ some 30 in total].Whilst this was a straightforward operation [ thanks to Hans Petter and Chris ], there may be users who cannot alter their aircraft for whatever reason.I understand that Gideon Pertzov's Cockpit Designer is currently unavailable in the library, and this is of course essential to alter the recs.I can't see that there would be any copyright issues, for the reasons outlined in the earlier thread.Regards to all..............Stuart :(
I can say that you should probably PM n0e on the fourms asking about this, as he tends to have the final say on stuff. I can safely say that if it's not copyrighted work, there should be no issues, however as soon as it's copyrighted and stuff you should be paying for uploaded, thats when things turn south. I would contact n0e about this, as that seems like the safest solution in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply Peter,Who is n0e ? I've searched the user names database without success.Stuart

n0e is one of the head guys over at filefront, ask on their forums about it. I suggest pming him over there.
Thanks Peter - will do.Stuart

I uploaded a corrected cockpit FU3 aircraft package to FileFront without asking anyone, so I don't see why htfc needs to do anything different.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,The only reason I thought it would be wise to take advice on this was because your upload [ with the exception of the Beechjet repaint ] was default aircraft only, and the now defunct Looking Glass Studios could hardly have objected. However, I have altered the recs of some 30 aircraft, most of which are add-ons.I considered it only courteous to ask permission first via the forum. As there has been no feedback , I can only assume nobody has any objections.By the way, I find something new scenery- wise every time I fly in Seattle or San Fran now your packs are installed - nice work !Regards...........Stuart [htfc]

Ah, now I understand. I thought that you were only intending to upload modified default aircraft. My mistake :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png